Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like World Cities Day, ban on catching Hilsa Fish and productivity linked reward among others.
1. Union Cabinet approved the productivity linked reward for all Major Port Trusts and Dock Labour Board employees and workers. The reward will be in exercise for how many years?
2. What was the theme of India’s first National Ayurveda Day?
a) Prevention and Control of Diabetes through Ayurveda
b) Ayurveda Controls Diabetes and Chronic Disease
c) Ayurveda is Life
d) None of the above
3. Name the country hat anointed its President as the core leader of ruling party.
4. Name the Institute that signed MoU with America India Foundation to set up training facilities especially for the under privileged section of the society to meet future requirements of trained manpower in the high growth sectors.
a) SP Jain Institute of Management and Research
b) Garware Institute of Career Education & Development
c) Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies
d) BN Bandodkar College of Science
5. Tennis players Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis are reuniting to defend a Tennis title in Singapore this week. Name the title?
a) US Open
b) WTA Finals
c) French Open
d) Australian Open
6. Army Chief General Dalbir Singh felicitated the Indian Army team which has achieved the Gold standards in an event. Name the event.
b) Fincastle competition
c) Cambrian Patrol
d) Worthington Trophy
7. Name the organisation that in its report revealed that more than two thirds of the world's wildlife could be gone by the end of the decade if action isn't taken soon.
b) World Wildlife Fund
c) International Fund for Animal Welfare
d) Sea Shepherd Conservation Society
8. The World Cities day will be observed on 31 October 2016 with theme?
a) Inclusive Cities, Shared Development
b) Better Cities, Better Life
c) Leading Urban Transformation
d) Cities, the New Destination to Live
9. Name the state/union territory government that announced a three-tier air treatment system to deal with rising air pollution in city ahead of Diwali.
a) Madhya Pradesh
10. Name the state that unveiled a scheme to provide legal assistance to the deprived sections of the society at the grassroots level in all gram panchayats across the state.
d) Andhra Pradesh
11. Name the state that decided to implement the recommendations of 7th Pay Commission for its employees.
c) Andhra Pradesh
12. Name the country that introduced temporary ban on catching Hilsa Fish.
d) Sri Lanka
13. The UN General Assembly has elected fourteen members of the UN Human Rights Council, responsible for promoting and protecting human rights in the world. Which of the following is not part of this selection?
14. Home Minister Rajnath Singh has said that border-guarding troops deployed on posts above 9 thousand feet will now be decorated with a new medal. Name the medal with which they will be decorated?
a) Mountain Medal
b) High altitude medal
c) Hill Medal
d) Himalayan Medal
15. Which of the following film will be the opening film of Indian Panaroma 2016 in Goa at 47th International Film Festival of India?
1. (b) Three
2. (a) Prevention and Control of Diabetes through Ayurveda
3. (a) China
4. (b) Garware Institute of Career Education & Development
5. (b) WTA Finals
6. (c) Cambrian Patrol
7. (b) World Wildlife Fund
8. (a) Inclusive Cities, Shared Development
9. (c) Delhi
10. (a) Odisha
11. (d) Odisha
12. (b) Bangladesh
13. (c) Russia
14. (b) High altitude medal
15. (b) Ishti