Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like 12th South Asian Federation, no reservation in super specialty courses, UN Resolution, Speaker of House of Representatives and 33 percent quota for women in government jobs among others.
1. Union Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports, Sarbananda Sonowal on 28 October 2015 inaugurated Games Secretariat of the 12th South Asian Federation (SAF) Games 2016 at Jawaharlal Nehru Sports Complex, Polo Ground in
a) Imphal, Guwahati
b) Shillong, Meghalaya
c) Guwahati, Assam
d) Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
2. The Supreme Court (SC) on 28 October 2015 reinforced its earlier view that there should really be no reservation in super specialty courses in which discipline?
c) Space Science
3. United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) on 27 October 2015 overwhelmingly approved the Resolution condemning an economic embargo imposed by the US on
c) North Korea
4. Which of the following global agencies released the Global Information Technology Report 2015 that was in news on 28 October 2015?
a) International Telecommunications Union
b) International Monetary Fund
c) World Bank
d) World Economic Forum
5. As per the Freedom on the Net 2015 report released on 28 October 2015, what is the status of internet freedom in India?
b) Partly Free
c) Not Free
d) None of them
6. The India-Africa Forum Summit 2015 was held in which of the following Indian cites between 26 October and 29 October 2015?
c) New Delhi
7. Which state government on 29 October 2015 declared 33 percent quota for women in government jobs?
a) Madhya Pradesh
8. Which global technology company on 28 October 2015 signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Telangana Academy for Skill and Knowledge to provide cloud technology in state colleges?
9. Who was elected on 28 October 2015 as the representative of the Republican Party for the Speaker of House of Representatives?
a) Paul Ryan
b) John Boehner
c) Mitt Romney
d) Devin Nunes
10. Who was appointed as the Chairman of Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) on 28 October 2015?
a) Kaushal Srivastava
b) Najib Shah
c) Manish Kumar
d) Shravan Patel
11. Nepal on 28 October 2015 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with which country in order to ease fuel crisis in the country by importing all kinds of fuel?
12. Who was appointed as Managing Director of BlackBerry India operations on 27 October 2015?
a) Sunil Lalvani
b) Narendra Nayak
c) Shubham Kapoor
d) Surendra Singh
13. India on 28 October 2015 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with which country to conserve, develop and publicize written heritage at the National Library in Kolkata?
14. Hockey India and Sports Authority of India on 28 October 2015 signed a three-year Memorandum of Understanding to help regain hockey its position as the top sport of the country. In this context, consider the following statements:
I. The Sports Authority of India is a body set up by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India.
II. Hockey India was formed after Indian Hockey Federation was dismissed in 2008 by IOA.
Which is/are correct?
a) Only I
b) Only II
c) Both I and II
d) Neither I nor II
15. Consider the following statements related to Freedom on the Net 2015 report that was released on 28 October 2015
I) Citizens of Iceland enjoyed the most freedom in the internet in 2014
II) Global online freedom declined for a fifth consecutive year
III) The annual report is released by the United Nations
Which of the statements is/are correct?
a) I and II
b) II and III
c) I and III
d) I, II and III
1-(b) 6-(d) 11-(b)
2-(d) 7-(a) 12-(b)
3-(b) 8-(a) 13-(d)
4-(d) 9-(a) 14-(c)
5-(b) 10-(b) 15-(a)