29 September 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Modernisation of State Police Forces (MPF) Scheme, India International Science Festival 2017 and 190th Gunners Day among others.
1. Vetetran politician Makhan Lal Fotedar passed away recently. He belonged to which political party?
a) Indian National Congress
b) Bahujan Samaj Party
c) Bhartiye Janata Party
d) Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam
2. Who became the first woman in Saudi Arabia to be appointed to a senior government post?
a) Yasmine El Rashidi
b) Eman Al-Ghamid
c) Saadia Sehar Haidari
d) Fariba Nawa
3. Founder of the iconic Playboy magazine Hugh M Hefner passed away recently. He belonged to which country?
c) United States
4. Union government approved Modernisation of State Police Forces (MPF) Scheme which comes under the purview of which parent scheme?
a) Security Scheme
b) Law and Order Scheme
c) Societal Protection Scheme
d) Internal Security Scheme
5. Union Government recently approved agreements to bring Exim Bank under the Interbank Cooperation Mechanism of which organisation?
6. As per the Union Ministry of Water Resources, the water storage available in 91 major reservoirs of the country for the week ending on 28 September 2017 has gone up by how much percent?
a) 3 per cent
b) 4 per cent
c) 5 per cent
d) 6 per cent
7. Who of the following was recently named as the new CEO and MD of Tata Capital?
a) Praveen P Kadle
b) Vivek Chaudary
c) Rajiv Sabharwal
d) None of the above
8. The India International Science Festival 2017 will be held in October 2017 in which of the following cities?
a) New Delhi
9. Which of the following departments recently celebrated its diamond jubilee?
a) Bureau of Indian Standards
b) Directorate General of Quality Assurance
c) Food Corporation of India
d) National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission
10. When was the 190th Gunners Day celebrated?
a) 28 September 2017
b) 29 September 2017
c) 27 September 2017
d) 26 September 2017
11. Which state is going to be the first big state and second one overall to use EVMs with VVPAT system for its Assembly elections?
d) Madhya Pradesh
12. The Union Home Ministry has set up an expert committee to recommend ways to tackle which sort of crime?
b) Marital Rape
c) Child Marriage
13. Indian Railways is working along with which government organisation to develop safety mechanisms to make travel by trains safer?
a) National Disaster Management Authority
b) National Security Council
c) National Investigation Agency
d) Indian Space Research Organisation
14. India signed a Letter of Intent to extend bilateral cooperation within health sector with which nation?
15. The deadline for obtaining Aadhaar has been extended till when?
a) 30 November 2017
b) 31 December 2017
c) 31 October 2017
d) 31 January 2018
1. (a) Indian National Congress
2. (b) Eman Al-Ghamid
3. (c) United States
4. (d) Internal Security Scheme
5. (a) BRICS
6. (c) 5 per cent
7. (c) Rajiv Sabharwal
8. (d) Chennai
9. (b) Directorate General of Quality Assurance
10. (a) 28 September 2017
11. (c) Gujarat
12. (a) Cybercrime
13. (d) Indian Space Research Organisation
14. (c) Norway
15. (b) 31 December 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.