3 April 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like South Asia Sub-regional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) program, Vice Chancellor of Nalanda University and 2017 Miami Open among others.
1. Which country became the new member of South Asia Sub-regional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) program?
2. Who was appointed the Vice Chancellor of Nalanda University?
a) Pankaj Mohan
b) Sunaina Singh
c) Arvind Sharma
d) Vijay Bhatkar
3. Union Government signed USD 350 million loan agreement with which financial organisation for road projects in Madhya Pradesh?
a) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
b) World Bank
c) New Development Bank
d) Asian Development Bank
4. India and Malaysia had inked seven agreements including the development of a fertiliser plant in Malaysia. Consider the following statements in context to the project.
I. The MoUs were inked during Vice President Hamid Ansari’s 3-day visit to Malaysia.
II. The two countries inked Air Services Agreement.
III. MoU for collaboration in technology development in the field of Palm Oil was inked.
Which is/are correct?
a) Only I
b) Only II
c) Both II and III
d) I, II and III
5. Under the GST regime, tax evasion of this sum would be considered as the non-bailable offence.
a) Rs 1 crore
b) Rs 2.5 crore
c) Rs 5 crore
d) Rs 10 crore
6. This state became the 27th state to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) under the scheme Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana (UDAY).
7. This amount of fund was immediately sanctioned by the Uttar Pradesh government to provide drinking water during summer season in Bundelkhand region of the state.
a) Rs 30 crore
b) Rs 47 crore
c) Rs 51 crore
d) Rs 63 crore
8. Who won the 2017 Miami Open Women’s Singles title?
a) Angelique Kerber
b) Karolína Plískova
c) Simona Halep
d) Johanna Konta
9. Who won the 2017 Miami Open Men's Singles title?
a) Stan Wawrinka
b) Rafael Nadal
c) Roger Federer
d) Milos Raonic
10. Who of the following won the Leon Challenger Tour tennis tournament's Men's Doubles trophy?
a) Luca Margaroli and Caro Zampieri
b) Leander Paes and Adil Shamasdin
c) Santiago González and Mate Pavić
d) Leander Paes and Sam Groth
11. Who won the Women’s Singles title at the 2017 India Open Super Series?
a) P V Sindhu
b) Carolina Marin
c) Ratchanok Intanon
d) Saina Nehwal
12. The Union Government has sanctioned Rs 98.35 Cr for the development of a Heritage Circuit in which Indian state?
13. The Union government has launched a new comprehensive scheme to boost the development of which sector?
14. The Union Cabinet on 31 March 2017 gave its approval for signing of an agreement for the establishment of a CIRDAP Centre at National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRD & PR) in Hyderabad, Telangana.
I. The new centre would help the NIRD & PR to enhance its position in the region through connections with other institutes in the CIRDAP member countries.
II. The CIRDAP Centre would give NIRD & PR an advantage of acquiring first-hand knowledge about networking with organizations that specialise in rural development programmes.
III. The centre would benefit the faculty at NIRD & PR with exchange visits to the best practices in the CIRDAP member countries.
IV. The centre would benefit the rural communities by giving financial assistance to below poverty line households.
Which of the above statements are correct?
a) Only I, II and IV
b) Only I, II and III
c) All of the above
d) Only II, III and IV
15. Vipul, an Indian Foreign Service Officer has been appointed as the new Indian consul-general in which popular Arab city?
a) Abu Dhabi
1. (a) Myanmar
2. (b) Sunaina Singh
3. (c) New Development Bank
4. (c) Both II and II
5. (c) Rs 5 crore
6. (b) Mizoram
7. (b) Rs 47 crore
8. (d) Johanna Konta
9. (c) Roger Federer
10. (b) Leander Paes and Adil Shamasdin
11. (a) P V Sindhu
12. (a) Assam
13. (b) Powerloom
14. (b) Only I, II and III
15. (b) Dubai