Current Affairs Quiz: 3 August 2021
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Zika virus case, new digital payment solution, huge asteroid 2016 AJ193 and Khelo India Centers among others.
3 August 2021: The Current Affairs Quiz section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Zika virus case, new digital payment solution, huge asteroid 2016 AJ193 and Khelo India Centers among others.
1. Which state reported its first-ever Zika Virus case?
c) Tamil Nadu
2. What is the name of the new digital payment solution launched recently by PM Narendra Modi?
3. What is the Rajya Sabha rule under which anyone can issue a notice to the Chairperson seeking to set aside the house's listed business to discuss any subject raised by one or more members?
a) Rule 158
b) Rule 267
c) Rule 256
d) Rule 298
4. Ebrahim Raisi has been inaugurated as which nation's new President?
5. Huge asteroid 2016 AJ193 will fly closely past the Earth on which day?
a) August 31st
b) August 15th
c) August 21st
d) August 25th
6. Centre has decided to establish how many Khelo India Centers across the country?
7. Which city has become the first one to achieve 100 percent COVID-19 vaccination coverage?
8. According to a Danish study, mixing of which vaccine with mRNA vaccines will offer a ‘good protection’?
b) Sputnik V
1. (b) Maharashtra
Maharashtra reported its first-ever Zika virus case on August 1, 2021 after a 50-year-old woman from Belsar village in Purandar tehsil (Pune) was diagnosed with the infection.
2. (a) e-RUPI
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched e-RUPI, an electronic voucher promoting digital payment solution, through video conferencing on August 2, 2021. e-RUPI is a prepaid, cashless and contactless instrument for digital payment. It is a QR code or SMS string-based e-Voucher, which can be sent on the mobile of the beneficiaries.
3. (b) Rule 267
Under Rajya Sabha's Rule 267, any member, with the consent of the Chairperson, can issue a notice seeking to set aside the upper house's listed business of the day to discuss the subject raise by one or more members.
4. (b) Iran
Ultra-conservative cleric and judiciary chief Ebrahim Raisi was inaugurated as Iran's eighth president on August 3, 2021. Ebrahim Raisi replaces moderate President Hassan Rouhani who was not allowed run for a third consecutive term by the Iranian constitution. He congratulated the people for their choice after Raisi's win.
5. (c) August 21st
A huge asteroid will fly past Earth very closely on August 21, 2021, reported Earthsky. It will not hit Earth. The asteroid, named 2016 AJ193, is reportedly is rushing inward towards the sun in its 5.91-year orbit. Earth is in its approximated path but it will not hit the planet.
6. (d) 1000
The Central Government informed on August 2, 2021, that the Youth Affairs and Sports Ministry has decided to set up 1,000 Khelo India Centers in India. Out of them, 360 centres have already been notified.
7. (d) Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar in Odisha has become the first city in India to achieve 100 percent vaccination coverage against COVID-19, said Anshuman Rath, Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) Zonal Deputy Commissioner of South-East, Bhubaneswar.
8. (d) AstraZeneca
Denmark’s State Serum Institute on August 2, 2021, said that combining the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine with the second dose of mRNA vaccines either Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech’s vaccines offers a ‘good protection’.