Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like World Wildlife Day, 2015 Bihari Puraskar, and launch of Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine among others.
1. Name the former captain of New Zealand cricket team who died of cancer on 3 March 2016 in Auckland.
a) Martin Crowe
b) Don Cleverley
c) Jack Newman
d) Lindsay Weir
2. World Wildlife Day was observed on 3 March 2016 across the world with theme
a) The future of wildlife is in our hands
b) Wildlife Crime is serious; let’s get serious about wildlife crime
c) Wildlife a Boon to Humanity
d) Protect Wildlife before it is lost
3. Eminent poet Dr Bhagwati Lal Vyas was chosen for the 2015 Bihari Puraskar on 2 March 2016 for his anthology of Rajasthani poems titled
a) Katha Sun Aawe Hai Sabad
b) Shatabdi Niruttar
c) Footpath Par Chiriya Nachti Hai
d) Suraj Leelti Ghatiyan
4. Name the creator of television’s longest-running soap opera Coronation Street who passed away on 1 March 2016.
a) Tony Warren
b) Kate Oates
c) Kieran Roberts
d) Ken Irwin
5. Which of the following autonomous organization was winded up by Union Government on 2 March 2016?
a) Heavy Engineering Corporation Limited
b) HMT Bearing Limited
c) Sambhar Salts Limited
d) National Manufacturing Competitiveness Council
6. Name the cryptography pioneers who on 1 March 2016 were honoured with the Association for Computing Machinery's 2015 A.M. Turing Award.
a) Whitfield Diffie and Marty Hellman
b) Leslie G. Valiant and Charles P. Thacker
c) Whitfield Diffie and Martin Hellman
d) Silvio Micali and Shafi Goldwasser
7. Who on 29 February 2016 was appointed as Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Office (CEO) of Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd (MCX)?
a) Parveen Kumar Singhal
b) Mrugank Paranjape
c) L K Singhal
d) Satyananda Mishra
8. Which State/UT on 29 February 2016 became the first state in the country to launch the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine as a public health programme for school children?
9. Who of the following is the author of the book, titled Who was Shivaji?
a) Anuj Dhar
b) Govind Pansare
c) Anup Ashok Sardesai
d) Subhash Chandra
10. The Telangana Government on 2 March 2016 reached an understanding on constructing five dams on Godavari, Penganga and Pranahita rivers for irrigation purposes with which state?
a) Andhra Pradesh
b) Madhya Pradesh
11. As per a decision of Organizing Committee of 12th South Asian Games, the Tikhor park as a tribute to the mascot of the games will be established in
a) Guwahati and Agartala
b) Agartala and Shillong
c) Guwahati and Shillong
d) Shilong and Aizawl
12. Identify the country for which the US ratings agency Moody's Analytics has cuts its outlook to negative in the first week of March 2016.
d) United States
13. Who was named for Lifetime Achievement Award of the 11th edition of the Mahindra Excellence Theatre Awards (META) on 1 March 2016?
a) Zohra Sehgal
b) Ratan Thiyam
c) Badal Sarkar
d) Khaled Chowdhury
14. What system did Indian Railways launch for unreserved tickets to bring transparency and prevent revenue leakage in the ticketing system in New Delhi on 1 March 2016?
a) Online Ticketing System
b) Electronic Ticket System
c) Smart Card System
d) Bar Coding System
15. For which State’s Higher Education Quality Improvement Project did India signed a financing agreement for IDA credit of 300 US dollars with the World Bank on 1 March 2016?
a) Andhra Pradesh
b) Himachal Pradesh
c) Madhya Pradesh
d) Arunachal Pradesh
1-(a) 6-(c) 11-(c)
2-(a) 7-(b) 12-(a)
3-(a) 8-(c) 13-(b)
4-(a) 9-(b) 14-(d)
5-(d) 10-(d) 15-(c)