3 March 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like 2017 International Yoga festival, freight sector initiatives by Railways and annual city governance ranking ASCIS 2016 among others.
1. Which of the following freight sector initiatives was/were launched by the Union Government to transform the Indian Railways?
a) Long Term Tariff Contracts and Agreements
b) Double Stack Dwarf Containers
c) Indian Railway’s Business Plan 2017-18
d) All the Above
2. This city has retained its number one position in the annual city governance ranking ASCIS 2016.
3. The term SWATHI that was in news refers to a
a) Weapon Locating Radar
b) Injectable Polio Vaccine
c) Portable Weather Monitoring Device
d) Smallest Blood Glucose Monitoring Device
4. Identify the former President of the USA, who authored the book Portraits of Courage: A Commander in Chief's Tribute to America's Warriors.
a) George W Bush
b) Jimmy Carter
c) Barack Obama
d) Bill Clinton
5. The 2017 International Yoga festival started in which state?
b) Madhya Pradesh
6. Who was conferred with the 2017 Harvard Humanitarian of the Year award?
a) Aung San Suu Kyi
b) Robyn Rihanna Fenty
c) Thorbjorn Jagland
d) Bishop Desmond Tutu
7. The week long Swachh Shakti Saptah was inaugurated in which state?
b) West Bengal
8. Which movie won the Audience Award at the Glasgow Film Festival 2017?
a) City of Joy
b) Bhakta Vidur
c) Santa Banta Pvt Ltd
d) Lipstick Under My Burkha
9. Following the murder of North Korean leader’s brother Kim Jong Nam at an airport, which country has decided to cancel visa-free entry for North Koreans?
10. Who was elected as the first Prime Minister of Sudan since 1989?
a) Omar Hassan al-Bashir
b) Hassan Saleh
c) Mohamed Al Hassan
d) Fadl el-Sayed Shuiab
11. UK’s House of Lords voted to amend the Brexit Bill. Which among the following was the main reason for the house to delay the bill’s passing?
a) The bill doesn’t guarantee protection to EU citizens living in UK
b) The bill doesn’t guarantee protection to UK citizens living in the EU
c) The bill doesn’t speak the mandate of the people
d) The bill doesn’t fulfil the requirements of the Brexit negotiations
12. The National Green Tribunal has banned camping activities within 100 m of which prominent Indian River?
13. Name the historic city that was recaptured by the Syrian troops back by Russian jets by the Islamic State (IS) in March 2017.
d) None of the above
14. Who of the following was recently appointed as the Secretary-General of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC)?
a) Arjun Bahadur Thapa
b) Abul Ahsan
c) Amjad Hussain B Sial
d) Sheel Sharma
15. The Union Government recently notified the Specified Bank Notes (Cessation of Liabilities) Act, 2017. As per the Act, a person can hold how many notes if it is for the purposes of study, research or numismatics?
a) Twenty-five notes
b) Ten notes
c) Twenty notes
d) Fifteen notes
1. (d) All the Above
2. (d) Thiruvananthapuram
3. (a) Weapon Locating Radar
4. (a) George W Bush
5. (a) Uttarakhand
6. (b) Robyn Rihanna Fenty
7. (c) Haryana
8. (d) Lipstick Under My Burkha
9. (a) Malaysia
10. (b) Hassan Saleh
11. (a) The bill doesn’t guarantee protection to EU citizens living in UK
12. (d) Ganga
13. (b) Palmyra
14. (c) Amjad Hussain B Sial
15. (a) Twenty-five notes
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.