Current Affairs Quiz: 30 October 2015
Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Global Tuberculosis Report 2015, Sakharov Prize and Abandoning of One Child Policy by China among others.
Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Global Tuberculosis Report 2015, Sakharov Prize and National Civil Aviation Policy among others.
1. Name the Indian para-athlete who on 28 October 2015 won silver medal in men's club throw F51 event of the IPC Athletics World Championships in Doha.
a) Amit Kumar Saroha
b) Devendra Jhajharia
c) Murlikant Petkar
d) Rajinder Singh Rahelu
2. Which of the following institution/organisation on 28 October 2015 released Global Tuberculosis Report 2015?
a) International Public Health Institutes
b) World Health Organization
c) Action for Global Health
d) Infectious Disease Research Institute
3. Who was conferred with the Sakharov Prize for Freedom of Thought on 29 October 2015 by the European Parliament?
a) Raif Badawi
b) Boris Nemtsov
c) Malala Yousafzai
d) Aung San Suu Kyi
4. Which country on 29 October 2015 scrapped its decade-long One Child Policy allowing couples to have two children?
b) North Korea
5. The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development on 29 October 2015 launched a new initiative to spread awareness about the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme in collaboration with which mobile marketing company?
b) Celltick Mobile Media India Pvt. Ltd.
c) Mobiel and Internet Advertising
d) One97 Communications
6. Global IT services company HCL Technologies on 29 October 2015 acquired which CRM services firm?
b) Eagle Creek Software Services
7. Name the China’s first lunar rover which on 29 October 2015 set the record for the longest working Moon rover.
a) Lunokhod 2
c) Prop-M Rover
8. Which Indian activist on 29 October 2015 was selected for the New York Global Leaders Dialogue Humanitarian Award?
a) Brij Kothari
b) Rashida Bee
c) Bindeshwar Pathak
d) Arvind Gaur
9. The draft National Civil Aviation Policy unveiled on 30 October 2015 aims to bring India to which position in the global aviation sector from the current 10th position?
10. Under whose leadership the ruling Chama Cha Mapinduzi (CCM) party of Tanzania on 29 October 2015 won presidential elections?
a) Edward Lowassa
b) Jakaya Kikwete
c) John Pombe Magufuli
d) Aboud Jumbe
11. Which High Court on 29 October 2015 asked the National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI) to study River Godavari’s pollution during Kumbh Mela?
a) Madras High Court
b) Bombay High Court
c) Delhi High Court
d) Allahabad High Court
12. Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) as proposed in the National Civil Aviation Policy announced on 30 October 2015 will become effective from
a) 1 April 2016
b) 1 January 2016
c) 1 March 2016
d) 1 December 2015
13. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 29 October 2015 allowed non-resident Indians (NRIs) to subscribe to the National Pension System (NPS). NPS became effective in which year?
14. Which country has the largest cases of Tuberculosis (TB) in the world as revealed by the Global Tuberculosis Report 2015?
15. The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) presided by Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on 29 October 2015 cleared new military modernisation proposals worth
a) 12000 crore rupees
b) 14500 crore rupees
c) 13000 crore rupees
d) 18000 crore rupees
1-(a) 6-(a) 11-(b)
2-(b) 7-(b) 12-(a)
3-(a) 8-(c) 13-(a)
4-(a) 9-(c) 14-(c)
5-(b) 10-(c) 15-(a)