Current Affairs Quiz: 31 December 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as India’s new Army chief, Cleanest city in India, India State of Forest Report 2019 and new deputy CM of Maharashtra among others.
31 December 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as India’s new Army chief, Cleanest city in India, India State of Forest Report 2019 and new deputy CM of Maharashtra among others.
1. Who has been appointed as India’s new Army chief?
a) Manoj Mukund Naravane
b) Anil Kumar Sood
c) Devesh Chandra
d) SS Chandrashekhar
2. Which city has been adjudged as the cleanest for the 4th time in the latest cleanliness survey of the union government?
3. Which state has become the first to pass an anti-CAA resolution?
b) Madhya Pradesh
4. Who was sworn in as the deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra?
a) Aditya Thackeray
b) Nawab Malik
c) Ajit Pawar
d) Ashok Chavan
5. Which state secured first position in the recently released ‘India State of Forest Report 2019’ for the highest growth in forest area in the country?
a) Uttar Pradesh
d) Andhra Pradesh
6. The Taliban council agreed for a temporary ceasefire in which nation?
7. What web portal has been launched for Delhi-NCR residents to track or block their lost/stolen phones?
a) Central Equipment Identity Register
b) Find Your Phone Here
c) National Cellular Finding Service
d) Capital Mobile Tracing Portal
8. The deadline for linking pan card with Aadhaar has been extended till when?
a) February 2020
b) March 2020
c) September 2020
d) December 2020
1. (a) Manoj Mukund Naravane
Lieutenant General Manoj Mukund Narwane, the Deputy Chief of the Indian Army, has become the next Chief of the Indian Army. He has replaced Bipin Rawat. Naravane was commissioned in Sikh Light Infantry Regiment on June 1980.
2. (a) Indore
Indore was adjudged as the cleanest city in India for the fourth time in a row in the cleanliness survey released by the Union Government on December 31, 2019. While Bhopal stood second in first quarter results, Rajkot was ranked second in the second quarter results.
3. (c) Kerala
Kerala has become the first state in India to pass a resolution demanding scrapping of the controversial Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA). The anti-CAA resolution was moved in the state assembly by Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan and it was passed with unanimous support.
4. (c) Ajit Pawar
NCP’s Ajit Pawar was sworn in as the Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra during the cabinet expansion on December 30, 2019. Shiv Sena’s Aaditya Thackeray was also sworn in as a cabinet minister along with 34 MLAs.
5. (c) Karnataka
The ‘India State of Forest Report 2019’ ranked Karnataka (1,025 km), Andhra Pradesh (990 km) and Kerala (823 km) as the top three states with the highest growth in forest area.
6. (b) Afghanistan
US President's visit to Afghanistan played a positive role in peace talks as Taliban council agreed for a temporary ceasefire in the country. There are currently about 13,000 U.S. forces as well as thousands of other NATO troops in Afghanistan.
7. (a) Central Equipment Identity Register
The central government has launched a web portal, ‘Central Equipment Identity Register (CEIR)’, to facilitate blocking and tracing of stolen/lost mobile phones in Delhi. The web portal was first launched in Mumbai this year.
8. (b) March 2020
The deadline to link PAN card with Aadhaar has been extended till March 2020. The Income Tax Department had earlier announced December 31 as the final deadline.