Current Affairs Quiz: 31 December 2020
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as UK knighthood, India's youngest mayor and DRDO's Scientist of the Year Award among others.
31 December 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as UK knighthood, India's youngest mayor and DRDO's Scientist of the Year Award among others.
1. All domestic voice calls from which network will be free from January 1, 2021?
2. Who has been awarded a knighthood in the UK New Years Honours list?
a) Lewis Hamilton
b) Daniel Craig
c) Sean Connery
d) Andy Murray
3. Arya Rajendran has taken charge as India’s youngest mayor from which corporation ward of Kerala?
4. PM Narendra Modi will lay the foundation stone of Light House Projects in how many states on January 1, 2021?
5. Who has been awarded the DRDO's Scientist of the Year Award?
a) S Somnath
b) P Kunhikrishnan
c) Sam Dayal Dev
d) Hemant Kumar Pandey
6. Dr. Hemant Kumar Pandey was widely appreciated for developing the Lukoskin drug. What does it treat?
7. When is the International Day of Epidemic Preparedness observed?
a) December 29th
b) December 28th
c) December 27th
d) December 26th
8. Which state has passed a resolution against Centre’s Agricultural laws?
a) Tamil Nadu
c) Madhya Pradesh
1. (a) Jio
All domestic voice calls from Jio to any other network will be completely free from January 1, 2021. The voice calls made through the internet had always been free on the Jio network.
2. (a) Lewis Hamilton
Lewis Hamilton has been awarded knighthood in the United Kingdom New Year Honours list. The award comes after Hamilton won his seventh world title this year, equaling Michael Schumacher's record.
3. (a) Thiruvananthapuram Corporation
Twenty-one-year-old Arya Rajendran from Kerala became India's youngest Mayor on December 28, 2020. She took charge as the mayor of the Thiruvananthapuram Corporation after winning a clear victory in a three-cornered election to the post.
4. (b) Six
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be laying the foundation stone of Light House Projects (LHPs) at six sites in six states across the country on January 1, 2021. The projects will be undertaken under the Global Housing Technology Challenge (GHTC)-India in six states including - Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Jharkhand and Tripura.
5. (d) Hemant Kumar Pandey
Indian scientist Hemant Kumar Pandey has been awarded DRDO's ''Scientist of the Year Award'' for his contribution in developing several herbal medicines.
6. (c) Vitiligo
Dr. Hemant Kumar Pandey has developed six herbal drugs so far but Lukoskin has been most widely appreciated and found huge acceptance in the market. Lukoskin is used for treating Leucoderma or Vitiligo, a condition in which white patches get developed on the skin.
7. (c) December 27th
The International Day of Epidemic Preparedness was observed on December 27, 2020. The day is observed in order to highlight the importance of the prevention of and preparedness for and partnership against epidemics.
8. (d) Kerala
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan moved a resolution against Centre's agricultural laws during a special state assembly session on December 31, 2020. The Chief Minister said that agrarian reforms need to be carefully conceived and implemented.