Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Australian Open women’s singles title, revised GDP estimates and Zika virus among others.
1. Who on 30 January 2016 won the 2016 Australian Open women’s singles title?
a) Serena Williams
b) Angelique Kerber
c) Li Na
d) Maria Sharapova
2. On which day Anti-leprosy day was observed in the memory of Mahatma Gandhi?
a) 30 January 2016
b) 29 January 2016
c) 28 January 2016
d) 27 January 2016
3. What was India’s GDP growth for 2014-15 at 2011-12 constant prices as per the first revised estimates released by the CSO on 29 January 2016?
4. What was India’s GDP growth for 2013-14 at 2011-12 constant prices as per the second revised estimates released by the CSO on 29 January 2016?
5. From which space port the European Space Agency on 29 January 2016 launched the Eutelsat 9B satellite on-board the ILS Proton Breeze M launch vehicle?
a) Baikonur Cosmodrome, Kazakhstan
b) Guiana Space Centre, Kourou
c) Kennedy Space Center, Florida
d) Satish Dhawan Space Centre, India
6. The royal family of which country on 29 January 2016 conferred the Prince Mahidol Award for contributions in the field of health and medicine?
c) Saudi Arabia
7. Identify the virus. The Union Government on 29 January 2016 formed a technical expert group to deal with it.
8. In which European city the UN hosted peace talks to end the civil war in Syria opened on 29 January 2016?
9. Which State on 30 January 2016 signed a MoU with the Union Government under the UDAY Scheme to derive overall net benefit of 33000 crore rupees?
b) Uttar Pradesh
c) West Bengal
d) Madhya Pradesh
10. Who among the following on 30 January 2016 assumed command of Southern Naval Command?
a) Vice Admiral Girish Luthra
b) Vice Admiral Sunil Lanba
c) Vice Admiral M P Muralidharan
d) Vice Admiral Anil Kumar Chopra
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.