Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Kalpana Chawla Chair on Geospatial Technology for Indian Railways, Kalpana Chawla Chair on Geospatial Technology for Indian Railways and Japan's Fukuoka prize 2016 among others.
1. Ministry of Railways signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to set up Kalpana Chawla Chair on Geospatial Technology for Indian Railways with which University?
a) PEC University of Technology
b) Panjab University
c) University Institute of Engineering and Technology
d) Chitkara University
2. Which of the following statement in regard to the Draft Trafficking of Persons (Prevention, Protection and Rehabilitation) Bill 2016 that released by Union Government is wrong?
a) Creating a legal, economic, and social environment against trafficking
b) Provides for State Anti-Trafficking Committee to be headed by State Home Minster
c) Creation of Special Courts by State Government
d) Creation of Anti-Trafficking Fund for welfare and rehabilitation of victims of trafficking
3. Name the Cricketer who became the youngest Cricketer to score 10000 test runs.
a) Alex Hales
b) Alastair Cook
c) Joe Root
d) James Anderson
4. Name the Veteran TV and film actor who passed away recently and was known for his role in TV Serial F.I.R.?
a) Amaan Ali
b) Suresh Chatwal
c) Gopi Bhalla
d) Vipul Roy
5. Name the Noted Kannada writer who passed away recently and played an important role in getting the classical language status for Kannada.
a) D Javare Gowda
b) K V Puttappa
c) Jaimini Bharata
d) Kabbigara Kavya
6. Name the Indian music composer who was awarded with the Japan's Fukuoka prize 2016.
b) Vishal and Shekhar
c) AR Rahman
d) Himesh Reshamiya
7. Which country hosted the 42nd G7 Summit in May 2016?
8. Who won the silver medal in 2016 Women’s World Boxing Championships in 57-kg category?
a) Sonia Lather
b) Mesiano Alessia
c) MC Mary Kom
d) Wang Yuyan
9. Which city hosted the 2016 Women’s World Boxing Championships?
a) Astana (Kazakhstan)
b) Bishkek (Kyrgyzstan)
c) Dushanbe (Tajikistan)
d) Tashkent (Uzbekistan)
10. Who became the first wheelchair athlete to complete a mile-long race in less than three minutes?
a) Jeff Adams
b) David Weir
c) Choke Yasuoka
d) Rawat Tana
11. Name the Formula One driver who won the 2016 Monaco F1 Grand Prix.
a) Lewis Hamilton
b) Daniel Ricciardo
c) Nico Rosberg
d) None of the above
12. Who was recently appointed the Director General of West Bengal Police?
a) Raj Kanojia
b) Surajit Kar Purkayastha
c) G.M.P Reddy
d) Suroj Sengupta
13. Name the Bollywood actor who recently became the Goodwill Ambassador for the LEPRA India organisation that fights against diseases like leprosy.
a) Shahrukh Khan
b) Vivek Oberoi
c) Salman Khan
d) R Madhavan
14. Who among the following took charge of India's Southern Naval Command?
a) Vice Admiral A R Karve
b) Vice Admiral Vivek Singh Thakur
c) Vice Admiral Mohit Ahlawat
d) None of the above
15. The World No Tobacco Day 2016, which was observed, recently campaigned on which of the following topics?
a) Get Ready for Plain Packaging
b) Stop Illicit Trade of Tobacco Products
c) Stop Illicit Trade of Tobacco Products
d) Both (a) and (b)
1. (a) PEC University of Technology
2. (b) Provides for State Anti-Trafficking Committee to be headed by State Home Minster
3. (b) Alastair Cook
4. (b) Suresh Chatwal
5. (a) D Javare Gowda
6. (c) AR Rahman
7. (c) Japan
8. (a) Sonia Lather
9. (a) Astana (Kazakhstan)
10. (b) David Weir
11. (a) Lewis Hamilton
12. (b) Surajit Kar Purkayastha
13. (d) R Madhavan
14. (a) Vice Admiral A R Karve
15. (a) Get Ready for Plain Packaging
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.