Current Affairs Quiz: 4 April 2017
4 April 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like short film ‘Avyakta’, campaign launched by Kailash Satyarthi in Dhaka and the Amateur Circle Kabaddi Federation of India among others.
4 April 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics like short film ‘Avyakta’, campaign launched by Kailash Satyarthi in Dhaka and the Amateur Circle Kabaddi Federation of India among others.
1. Name the child rights campaign launched by Nobel Laureate Kailash Satyarthi in Dhaka recently.
a) 100 Million for 100 Million
b) Stop Violence Against Children
c) End child marriage
d) Children are our treasure!
2. Name the state that in April 2017 imposed a blanket ban on the use of polyethene bags manufactured below fifty (50) microns.
a) Himachal Pradesh
b) Jammu & Kashmir
3. Union Government has approved procurement of a class of surface-to-surface missiles for naval warships. Name it.
b) Prithvi III
4. Name the renowned Hindustani classical vocalist of Jaipur Gharana who died in April 2017.
a) Kishori Amonkar
b) Mallikarjun Mansur
c) Gangubai Hangal
d) Mogubai Kurdikar
5. Which of the following educational institutes was declared the best in the overall India Rankings 2017?
a) Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, Tamil Nadu
b) Banaras Hindu University
c) Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
d) Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, Karnataka
6. What is the theme of the 2017 International Day of Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action that was observed recently?
a) Mine Action is Humanitarian Action
b) Peace without mine action is incomplete peace
c) Needs driven. People Centred.
d) More than Mines
7. Identify the former President of Guatemalan Football Association who was banned for lifetime by FIFA.
a) Adela de Torrebiarte
b) Brayan Jimenez
c) Gustavo Machaín
d) None of the above
8. Who of the following recently took over as the Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India?
a) BP Kanungo
b) Vishal Gupta
c) Surekha Marandi
d) None of the above
9. This person was elevated to the position of Chief Adviser (Cost) in the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure w.e.f. 1 April 2017.
a) Aruna Sethi
b) BP Kanungo
c) Rana Kanwar Pal Singh
d) Randeep Guleria
10. This state in April 2017 directed for 100 per cent linking of ration cards with Aadhar for greater transparency in distribution of food grains for beneficiaries.
a) Uttar Pradesh
11. Name the person who was nominated as the chairman of the Amateur Circle Kabaddi Federation of India for the next four years.
a) Ram Bilas Sharma
b) OP Dhankar
c) Captain Abhimanyu
d) Om Prakash Kohli
12. 26-year-old Omkar Modgi’s maiden short film ‘Avyakta’ has made it to which acclaimed International film festival?
a) Sundance Film Festival
b) Cannes Film Festival
c) Venice Film Festival
d) Toronto Film Festival
13. Recent bomb blast in a train carriage in the underground metro system was a targeted terror attack at which country?
c) United Kingdom
14. Youngest Nobel laureate Malala Yousafzai has been invited to address the parliament of which country?
a) United States of America
c) United Kingdom
15. Name one of the most prominent black activists of his generation in Britain who died in April 2017.
a) Clement Blair Peach
b) Helen Suzman
c) Neil Aggett
d) Darcus Howe
1. (a) 100 Million for 100 Million
2. (b) Jammu and Kashmir
3. (d) Barak
4. (a) Kishori Amonkar
5. (d) Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, Karnataka
6. (c) Needs driven. People Centred.
7. (b) Brayan Jimenez
8. (a) B. P. Kanungo
9. (a) Aruna Sethi
10. (b) Bihar
11. (a) Ram Bilas Sharma
12. (b) Cannes Film Festival
13. (d) Russia
14. (b) Canada
15. (d) Darcus Howe