Current Affairs Quiz: 4 December 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Global Climate Risk Index 2020, Uyghur Human Rights Policy Act and new CEO of Alphabet among others.
4 December 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Global Climate Risk Index 2020, Uyghur Human Rights Policy Act and new CEO of Alphabet among others.
1. India was placed at which position in the Global Climate Risk Index 2020?
2. Which nation topped the list of most affected countries in the Global Climate Risk Index 2020?
d) Sri Lanka
3. The US passed the Uyghur Human Rights Policy Act to address the mass captivity of over 1,000,000 Uyghurs by which nation?
4. Who has been appointed as the new CEO of Alphabet?
a) Larry Page
b) Sergey Brin
c) Sundar Pichai
d) Mark Zuckerberg
5. When is Indian Navy Day observed every year?
a) 3rd December
b) 4th December
c) 5th December
d) 6th December
6. Which railway station was recently certified as the first 'Eat Right Station' in the country by FSSAI?
c) Mumbai Central
7. Which country recently inaugurated ‘Power of Siberia’ cross border gas pipeline along with Russia?
d) Sri Lanka
8. India and ADB signed a 206 million loan agreement to strengthen urban services in which state?
a) Andhra Pradesh
b) Tamil Nadu
1. (a) 5th
India was the fifth most climate-affected country in 2018, according to the Global Climate Risk Index 2020 released on December 4, 2019.
2. (b) Japan
Japan topped the list of the most affected countries in 2018. The country was hit by three exceptionally strong extreme weather events during the year- severe rainfall, severe heatwave and Typhoon Jebi.
3. (d) China
The United States has passed the Uyghur Human Rights Policy Act that aims to address the mass captivity of over 1,000,000 Uyghurs and other ethnic Muslim minorities in China.
4. (c) Sundar Pichai
Google CEO Indian-American Sundar Pichai will soon take over as the CEO of Alphabet, Google’s parent company. The move is expected to make him one of the most powerful corporate leaders of the world. The announcement came after Google co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin informed about their decision to step down from the leadership position at Alphabet.
5. (b) 4 December
The Indian Navy Day is celebrated annually on December 4. This day is celebrated by the Indian Navy to commemorate the victory of the Indian Navy in the Indo-Pak war of 1971. Indian Navy destroyed Karachi port on this day in 1971.
6. (c) Mumbai Central
The Mumbai Central Railway Station was recently declared as the country's first 'Eat Right Station' by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI). It has been declared 'Eat Right Station' because of the availability of healthy food, hygiene, drinking water, food waste management, etc. at this station.
7. (a) China
China recently inaugurated ‘Power of Siberia’ cross border gas pipeline along with Russia. This pipeline will help China and Russia to replace coal with natural gas. The new pipeline is a symbol of energy integration in Eurasia as major partners of Russia and China.
8. (b) Tamil Nadu
India has signed a 206 million loan agreement with the Asian Development Bank to develop water supply and sewerage infrastructure in 5 cities of Tamil Nadu.