Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Limca Book of Records, death of Sussex fast bowler, LPG-like DBT scheme and e-Vahan Bima Scheme among others.
1. Who of the following headed the committee that on 4 January 2015 submitted its report to the Supreme Court suggesting reforms in the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)?
a) G K Pillai
b) Diana Eduljee
c) Upamanyu Hazarika
d) Justice RM Lodha
2. With which country did Saudi Arabia on 3 January 2016 announced to severe the bilateral relationship?
3. Which country on 3 January 2016 won the South Asian Football Federation Cup (SAFF) championships?
4. In which city the 103rd Indian Science Congress was inaugurated on 3 January 2016?
5. Which law and order agency on 2 January 2016 entered the Limca Book of Records for solving the biggest cash heist case of the country?
a) Central Reserve Police Force
b) Central Bureau of Investigation
c) Delhi Police
d) Maharashtra Police
6. Identify the Sussex fast bowler who died on 3 January 2016 at the age of 22 due to unexplained reasons.
a) Bob Hobden
b) Robert Willy
c) Matthew Morgan
d) Matthew Hobden
7. Identify the Oscar-winning cinematographer for Close Encounters of the Third Kind who died on 1 January 2016.
a) Joseph Ruttenberg
b) Emmanuel Lubezki
c) Vilmos Zsigmond
d) Charles B. Lang, Jr.
8. The Union Government launched LPG-like DBT scheme for which commodity that will be effective from 1 April 2016?
9. Identify the veteran CPI leader, also the former general secretary of the party, who passed away on 2 January 2016.
a) Ardhendu Bhushan Bardhan
b) Indrajit Gupta
c) Ardhendu Bhishm Bardhan
d) Arijit Bhushan Bardhan
10. Which state on 2 January 2015 became the first in the country to allow issuance of motor insurance policies in digital form by launching e-Vahan Bima Scheme?
b) Andhra Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
11. Union Cabinet on 30 December 2015 gave ex-post facto approval for setting up a Network University under
a) South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC)
b) Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS)
c) East Asia Summit (EAS)
d) Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO)
12. Identify the multi barrel rocket launcher system that was successfully test-fired in December 2015 by India at Pokhran in Rajasthan?
a) Pinaka II
b) BARAK 8
13. The Union Government on 31 December 2015 announced setting up of the CCL Sports University in which state?
b) West Bengal
14. With which country India on 1 January 2015 exchanged the list of nuke installations and prisoners for the 25th consecutive year as part of the bilateral agreement that is in force since 1991?
15. Name the amputee mountaineer who on 25 December 2015 conquered Mount Aconcagua in Argentina.
a) Arunima Sinha
b) Mark Joseph Inglis
c) Jamie Andrew
d) Sarah Doherty
1-(d) 6-(d) 11-(b)
2-(b) 7-(c) 12-(a)
3-(d) 8-(b) 13-(c)
4-(d) 9-(a) 14-(1)
5-(c) 10-(a) 15-(1)