4 July 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like PM Modi to write a book to connect himself with the youth, TV interview of the chief of a militant group Hizb-ul Mujahideen and Great Immigrants Award of the United States of America among others.
1. Reports suggest that Prime Minister Narendra Modi is planning to write a book dedicated to the youth addressing core issues like overcoming examination stress. Name the publication house that will be publishing the book.
a) Partridge India
b) Penguin Random House
c) Harper Collins Publishers India Ltd
d) SAGE Publications India Private Limited
2. The person who is also a chief of a militant group Hizb-ul Mujahideen said that he/his group has the capacity to carry out terrorist attacks at any place and time in India is
a) Hafiz Muhammad Saeed
b) Masood Azhar
c) Muhammad Ahsan Dar
d) Syed Salahuddin
3. Name the country whose army in July 2017 decided to suspend combat operations in its southern parts till 6 July 2017 to help a new round of peace talks in the Kazakh capital Astana.
4. Who of the following clinched the Eastbourne International Women’s Singles title?
a) Karolina Pliskova
b) Caroline Wozniacki
c) Belinda Bencic
d) Angelique Kerber
5. Who was recently appointed as the Chairman of Tata Global Beverages?
a) Siraj Azmat Chaudhry
b) Harish Bhatnagar
c) Vijay Nagpal
d) N. Chandrasekaran
6. The World Health Organisation recently put an end to the Ebola outbreak in which of the following countries?
a) Sierra Leone
c) Democratic Republic of the Congo
7. Name the two Indian-Americans who will be honoured with Great Immigrants Award of the United States of America.
a) Rakesh Khurana and Jamshed Bharucha
b) Shantanu Narayen and Vivek Murthy
c) Renu Khator and Kavita Ramdas
d) Chandrashekhar Khare and Raj Chandra Bose
8. Who of the following was appointed as the head of the independent panel to assist in the investigation and prosecution of those responsible for most serious violations of international law in Syria?
a) Catherine Marchi-Uhel
b) Bruno Simma
c) Louise Arbour
d) Howard Morrison
9. Name the organisation that in July 2017 said, Implementation of the GST will be positive for India's rating as it will lead to higher GDP growth and increased tax revenues.
a) Goldman Sachs
c) Barclays Capital
d) Morgan Stanley
10. Which state government has decided to declare its present flood situation as a state calamity?
11. NASA is developing the first-ever mission that will work as a planetary defence mechanism against potential cosmic body impacts in the future. What is it called?
c) Deep Impact
12. Which Indian mobile network operator has launched the world’s longest submarine cable system?
d) Reliance Jio
13. The foundation stone of the country’s biggest Global Skill Park was laid in which city?
d) New Delhi
14. India has slipped to which place in terms of money hoarded by its citizens with Swiss banks?
15. Name the Indian IPS officer who was recently conferred the 2017 Trafficking in Persons (TIP) Report Heroes Award by the US State Department.
a) B. Chandrakala
b) Shivdeep Waman Lande
c) Mahesh Bhagwat
d) None of the above
1. (b) Penguin Random House
2. (d) Syed Salahuddin
3. (a) Syria
4. (a) Karolina Pliskova
5. (d) N. Chandrasekaran
6. (c) Democratic Republic of the Congo
7. (b) Shantanu Narayen and Vivek Murthy
8. (a) Catherine Marchi-Uhel
9. (b) Moody's
10. (b) Manipur
11. (a) DART
12. (d) Reliance Jio
13. (c) Bhopal
14. (b) 88th
15. (c) Mahesh Bhagwat