Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Setu Bharatam project, Goldman Environmental Prize winner, and loan to Fertilizers and Chemicals Travancore ltd among others.
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 4 March 2016 launched the Setu Bharatam project with an aim to make all National Highways free of Railway crossings by
2. National Safety Day was observed across India on 4 March 2016 to commemorate establishment of the National Safety Council (NSC). NSC was established in
3. Senior India politician PA Sangma died on 4 March 2016. In this context, identify the office which was not held by him.
a) Lok Sabha Speaker
b) Union Finance Minister
c) Chief Minister of Meghalaya
d) Union Labour Minister
4. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 3 March 2016 released the Draft Directions for NBFC - Account Aggregator. As per it, what is the Net Owned Fund of a NBFC-Account Aggregator?
a) 2 crore rupees
b) 3 crore rupees
c) 4 crore rupees
d) 5 crore rupees
5. Name the Honduran environmentalist leader and winner of the 2015 Goldman Environmental Prize who was shot dead at her home in the town of La Esperanza on 3 March 2016.
a) Michael Werikhe
b) Yoichi Kuroda
c) Berta Caceres
d) Rizwana Hasan
6. To revive the Fertilizers and Chemicals Travancore (FACT) Limited, Union Government on 3 March 2016 signed an agreement to provide a loan to the organisation. What is the loan amount?
a) 500 crore rupees
b) 800 crore rupees
c) 1000 crore rupees
d) 15 crore rupees
7. Which Asian country on 2 March 2016 passed its first anti-terror bill?
a) North Korea
d) South Korea
8. How many countries were compiled in the fourth edition of the Global Energy Architecture Performance Index Report 2016 (EAPI) released by World Economic Forum (WEF) on 2 March 2016?
a) 126 Countries
b) 144 Countries
c) 306 Countries
d) 100 Countries
9. Identify the position in which India was placed in the EAPI Report 2016 released on 2 March 2016.
10. Identify the Country that topped the EAPI Report 2016 released by World Economic Forum on 2 March 2016.
11. Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) in March 2016 cleared the proposal to acquire two more Phalcon Airborne Early Warning and Control Systems (AWACS). These surveillance aircraft will be bought under a tripartite agreement with
a) Israel and US
b) Israel and Russia
c) Russia and China
d) Japan and Israel
12. Who the world’s richest man according to the Forbes list of World Billionaires 2016 released on 1 March 2016?
a) Mark Zuckerberg
b) Warren Buffett
c) Mukesh Ambani
d) Bill Gates
13. Identify the bill that Parliament passed to empower Union government to revise the limits of liability for airlines and compensation as per the Montreal Convention.
a) The Carriage by Air (Amendment) Bill, 2015
b) The Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2015
c) The Insurance Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2015
d) The Companies (Amendment) Act, 2015
14. Name the programme that was launched by UNHCR, UNICEF Twenty as support hubs for children and families along the most frequently used migration routes in Europe.
a) Red Dots
b) Brown Dots
c) Blue Dots
d) Green Dots
15. Which organisation on 1 March 2016 launched its first Uridashi Masala bonds to promote private sector development in India?
a) Asian Development Bank
b) BRICS Bank
c) International Monetary Fund
d) International Finance Corporation
1-(b) 6-(c) 11-(b)
2-(b) 7-(d) 12-(d)
3-(b) 8-(a) 13-(a)
4-(a) 9-(b) 14-(c)
5-(c) 10-(c) 15-(d)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.