4 March 2017: Current Affairs Quizzes wants to help the aspirants’ of different competitive exams in to revising the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Visitor's Award for the Best University, 2017 World Hearing Day and hike in minimum wages among others.
1. How much percent of hike in minimum wages was approved by Delhi Lieutenant-Governor Anil Baijal in March 2017?
a) 19 per cent
b) 28 per cent
c) 37 per cent
d) 51 per cent
2. Bharti Airtel signed agreement with which company to combine operations in Ghana?
a) Millicom International Cellular SA
b) Gateway Communications
c) MTN Group
d) Telkom Mobile
3. Name the news broadcaster that was banned by National Tiger Conservation Authority from filming in all Indian tiger reserves for five years.
a) Network 18
4. Which country recently won the Most Popular Tourism Destination Award at the Guangzhou International Travel Fair (GITF) in China?
d) Sri Lanka
5. Which university won the annual Visitor's Award for the Best University 2017?
a) Central University of Himachal Pradesh
b) Banaras Hindu University
c) University of Delhi
d) Jawaharlal Nehru University
6. Who of the following will head the inter-disciplinary standing committee on cyber security that was constituted by Reserve Bank of India to review the threats inherent in the existing and emerging technology?
a) Meena Hemchandra
b) S. Ganesh Kumar
c) Ashutosh Bahuguna
d) Nandkumar Sarvade
7. What was the theme of 2017 World Hearing Day?
a) Ear care can avoid hearing loss
b) Make listening safe
c) Childhood hearing loss: act now
d) Action for hearing loss: make a sound investment
8. Which state government made Sanskrit compulsory up to class VIII in all classes?
b) Tamil Nadu
9. How much penalty will be imposed on banks, if they refuse to exchange soiled or scribed currency notes from people, according to Reserve Bank of India (RBI)?
a) Rs 5000
b) Rs 10000
c) Rs 15000
d) Rs 20000
10. Which Indian city was ranked as the Best city in the fourth edition of the Annual Survey of India’s City Systems 2016 by Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship and Democracy
a) New Delhi
11. As per the data by Union Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, approximately how many districts in India became Open Defecation Free till date under Swachh Bharat Mission?
12. How much amount was sanctioned by the Union Government for the treatment of the cataract patients over the next five years?
a) Rs 421 crore
b) Rs 579 crore
c) Rs 756 crore
d) Rs 825 crore
13. Which state emerged as the top most state to achieve maximum registration under the Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime when compared to other states of India?
b) Tamil Nadu
14. The HDFC Life insurance partnered with which personal finance app to launch an exclusive Data-Led Group Term Insurance Plan?
a) ET Money
c) Level Money
15. Which Indian software development firm acquired Japanese digital firm Brilliant Service Co for an undisclosed amount?
a) Tata Consultancy Services
c) HCL Technologies
1. (c) 37 per cent
2. (a) Millicom International Cellular SA
3. (c) BBC
4. (d) Sri Lanka
5. (d) Jawaharlal Nehru University
6. (a) Meena Hemchandra
7. (d) Action for hearing loss: make a sound investment
8. (a) Assam
9. (b) Rs 10000
10. (c) Thiruvananthapuram
11. (a) 100
12. (c) Rs 756 crore
13. (c) Kerala
14. (a) ET Money
15. (d) Cognizant
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.