Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like people to vote first time since independence, 2016 Regional Economic Outlook for Asia and the Pacific and EXIM Analytics Dashboard among others.
1. Name the district of West Bengal whose residents will be voting on 5 May 2016 for the first time since Independence of India, that is, 15 August 1947.
2. Name the organisation that in its April 2016 Regional Economic Outlook for Asia and the Pacific forecast retained India’s growth rate at 7.5 percent for the year 2016.
a) Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
b) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
c) World Bank
d) Moody’s Analytics
3. Name the snooker player who on 2 May 2016 won World Championship title of Snooker in Sheffield.
a) Ronnie O'Sullivan
b) Mark Williams
c) Ding Junhui
d) Mark Selby
4. Which of the following Union Ministry on 3 April 2016 launched EXIM Analytics Dashboard to provide an easy access to detailed trade data of the country?
a) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
b) Ministry of Finance
c) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
d) Ministry of Disinvestment
5. Which film on 3 May 2016 won the National Film Award for Best Feature Film?
b) Baahubali: The Beginning
c) Bajirao Mastani
6. Name the actor who on 3 May 2016 was conferred the National Film Award for Best Actor?
a) Ranveer Singh for Bajirao Mastani
b) Amitabh Bachchan for Piku
c) Allu Arjun for Race Gurram
d) Mahesh Babu for Dookudu
7. A group of researchers from which university built the world's smallest working engine named as Actuating Nano-Transducers?
a) University of California
b) University of Pennsylvania
c) University of Cambridge
d) Indian Institute of Science
8. Who on 3 May 2016 was appointed Managing Director (MD) of Bharti Retail?
a) Rakesh Biyani
b) Yusuf Siddiqui
c) John Matthews
d) Kishore Biyani
9. Who on 2 May 2016 publicly identified himself as the creator of Bitcoin?
a) Craig Steven Wright
b) Satoshi Nakamoto
c) Joseph Thomas
d) None of the above
10. Name the cricketer who in the first week of May 2016 signed as brand ambassador for Hublot watches.
a) Sachin Tendulkar
b) Rohit Sharma
c) Virat Kohli
d) Shikhar Dhawan
11. Name the bank of India that has planned to introduce a performance management system for its 1.70 lakh employees to build individual accountability.
a) State Bank of India
b) Punjab National Bank
d) Yes Bank
12. Name Maharashtra’s well-known businessman-politician also called ‘The Man with the Golden Shirt’ by his friends, who has earned a place in the Guinness World Records (GWR) for owning the most expensive gold shirt in the world costing 9835099 rupees.
a) Pankaj Parakh
b) Rahul Parakh
c) Siddharth Parakh
d) None of the above
13. Name the country that in May 2016 ordered a Canadian Robert Penner living and working in the country to leave the country within two days after he criticised the government on social media.
14. Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull on 3 May 2016 confirmed that he would call an election within the next week to be held on 2 July 2016. Turnbull is the Prime Minister of which country?
a) New Zealand
15. Name the orgnisation whose new report claims that some 75 million school age children in crisis areas around the world are in desperate need of educational support.
d) World Children's Fund
1. (a) Coochbehar
2. (b) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
3. (d) Mark Selby
4. (a) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
5. (a) Baahubali: The Beginning
6. (b) Amitabh Bachchan for Piku
7. (c) University of Cambridge
8. (d) Kishore Biyani
9. (a) Craig Steven Wright
10. (b) Rohit Sharma
11. (a) State Bank of India
12. (a) Pankaj Parakh
13. (c) Nepal
14. (b) Australia
15. (a) UNICEF
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.