Current Affairs Quiz: 5 April 2021
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as 27th Screen Actors Guild Awards, India's biggest floating solar plant and Jordan conflict among others.
5 April 2021: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as 27th Screen Actors Guild Awards, India's biggest floating solar plant and Jordan conflict among others.
1. Whose birth anniversary has been declared as a public holiday this year by the Government in April?
a) Dr. Rammanohar Lohia
b) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
c) Subhas Chandra Bose
d) Dr. BR Ambedkar
2. Which film won the top honour of outstanding performance by a cast in a motion picture at 27th Screen Actors Guild Awards?
a) Da 5 Bloods
c) The Trial of the Chicago
d) One Night in Miami
3. Which female actor has won SAG Award for outstanding performance in a leading role?
a) Viola Davis
b) Vanessa Kirby
c) Carey Mulligan
d) Frances McDormand
4. Which nation's Foreign Minister arrived in India today for a two-day visit?
5. Which state government has announced COVID-19 vaccination for journalists?
d) Uttar Pradesh
6. Which nation's former Crown Prince has reportedly been placed under house arrest?
7. India's biggest floating solar plant with 100MW power generation capacity will be set up in which state?
b) Uttar Pradesh
c) Andhra Pradesh
8. Which nation's women's cricket team has created the world record for registering the most consecutive ODI wins?
a) New Zealand
1. (d) Dr. BR Ambedkar
The central government has declared a public holiday on April 14, 2021 to commemorate Dr. BR Ambedkar’s 130th birth anniversary.
2. (c) The Trial of the Chicago
The Trial of the Chicago won the top honour of outstanding performance by a cast in a motion picture at 27th Screen Actors Guild Awards.
3. (a) Viola Davis
Chadwick Boseman won the SAG Award for Best Male Actor, Viola Davis won the Best Female Actor honour, Yun-Jung Youn won Best Female Supporting Actor and Daniel Kaluuya won Best Male Supporting Actor at 27th Screen Actors Guild Awards.
4. (b) Russia
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov is set to arrive in India today for a two-day bilateral visit. He is expected to hold talks with his Indian counterpart, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar during the visit.
5. (c) Uttarakhand
The Uttarakhand state government declared journalists as "frontline workers" on April 3, 2021 and announced COVID-19 vaccination for them without any age restrictions.
6. (d) Jordan
Former Crown Prince of Jordan, Prince Hamzah bin Al Hussein has reportedly been placed under house arrest in a flare-up on tensions with Jordan's royal household.
7. (a) Telangana
The National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC) is developing India’s biggest floating solar plant with a power generation capacity of 100MW in the reservoir of its thermal power plant at Ramagundam, Peddapalli district, Telangana.
8. (c) Australia
Meg Lanning-led Australian women's cricket team created the world record for registering the most consecutive ODI wins on April 4, 2021. The team achieved the feat after defeating New Zealand in the first ODI of the three-match series on April 4th at Mount Maunganui.