Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Brahmaputra Cracker and Polymer Limited, National Organic Farming Research Institute and Instrument of Ratification of the Convention of Supplementary Compensation for Nuclear Damage among others.
1. Brahmaputra Cracker and Polymer Limited (BCPL) at Lepetkata was dedicated to the nation by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 5 February 2016. Lepetkata is located in which state?
b) West Bengal
c) Arunachal Pradesh
2. Identify the State. The Union Government on 5 February 2016 announced setting up of National Organic Farming Research Institute in it?
3. Name the US Army Lieutenant General whose nomination was confirmed as the commander of the NATO forces in Afghanistan by US Senate committee on 4 February 2016.
a) Sam Browne
b) John Wilson
c) John Nicholson
d) John Campbell
4. Name the state that on 4 February 2016 lifted the restrictions on visit of foreign tourists to certain tribal areas in the State after three years.
c) Madhya Pradesh
5. India on 4 February 2016 submitted its Instrument of Ratification of the Convention of Supplementary Compensation for Nuclear Damage (CSC), 1997. In which year did India signed the convention?
6. The Tea Board of India (TBI) in January 2016 issued Version 5.0 of the Plant Protection Code (PPC) by expanding the list of pesticides and chemicals that is permitted for use by Indian tea industry to
7. Which European city on 4 February 2016 hosted the Supporting Syria and the Region Conference 2016 to mobilise funds for reconstruction of conflict-hit Syria?
8. Which company on 4 February 2016 announced acquisition of cement business of Reliance Infrastructure for 4800 crore rupees?
b) Ramco Cements
c) Dalmia Cements
d) Birla Corp
9. Who was on 3 February 2016 appointed as a member of newly constituted Anti-Corruption Unit Oversight Group by the ICC?
a) Sachin Tendulkar
b) Rahul Dravid
c) Anil Kumble
d) Sourav Ganguly
10. Identify the Public Sector Enterprise that received Miniratna status II on 1 February 2016?
11. Which organization recommended all governments to rate movies with smoking scenes to protect children and adolescents from tobacco addiction in Geneva on 1 February 2016?
12. At which Coast Guard stations did the Indian Coast Guard Day was celebrated on February 1?
a) Vishakhapatnam and Kakinada
b) Chennai and Kolkata
c) Vizhinjam and Fort Kochi
d) Vishakhapatnam and Fort Kochi
13. Who will replace the longtime chief of Google's Internet search business Amit Singhal on 26 February 2016?
a) Harry Shum
b) Satya Nadella
c) Peter Collins
d) John Giannandre
14. Identify the British-based software keyboard maker which was acquired by Microsoft on 4 February 2016?
15. Who is the only Indian writer to have won the Sundance Institute Global Filmmaking Award 2016 on 30 January 2016?
a) Geetu Mohandas
b) Chetan Bhagat
c) Munshi Premchand
d) RK Narayan
1-(a) 6-(a) 11-(b)
2-(c) 7-(a) 12-(c)
3-(c) 8-(d) 13-(d)
4-(d) 9-(b) 14-(a)
5-(a) 10-(a) 15-(c)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.