5 June 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council, MGNREGA National Award and 334-year-old blasphemy law repealed among others.
1. What is the rate of gold fixed by Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council?
a. 3 percent
b. 4 percent
c. 2 percent
d. 1.5 percent
2. Which of the following districts of Andhra Pradesh recently won the MGNREGA National Award?
3. Which country has recently repealed a 334-year-old blasphemy law that forbids public insults of a religion?
4. Who of the following won the Thailand Open Grand Prix Gold Men’s Singles title?
a. Srikanth Kidambi
b. B. Sai Praneeth
c. Parupalli Kashyap
d. Chetan Anand
5. Who of the following became the first Indian to be inducted in the Umpires and Referees Committee of the International Table Tennis Federation?
a. Ganeshan Neelakanta Iyer
b. Purav Raja
c. Abhishek Mukherjee
d. None of the above
6. World Environment Day was observed on 5 June 2017 with theme
a. Prohibit illegal trade of threatened
b. Seven Billion Dreams; One Planet; Consume with Care
c. Small Islands and Climate Change
d. Connecting People to Nature
7. India on 4 June 2017 successfully test-fired indigenous first all weather tracked-chassis Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile (QR-SAM) from
a. Chandipur, Odisha
b. Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh
c. Ahmadabad, Gujarat
d. None of the above
8. A 2000-year-old temple was unearthed recently in which country?
9. Which country is all set to open up combat positions for women, breaking the gender barrier that has been broken by only a few prior to this?
10. The UNSC has passed a resolution expanding sanctions against which country?
b. North Korea
11. Five middle-eastern countries have cut their links with which country?
12. Who became the first Indian woman to cross the 65m mark in the hammer throw?
a. Lalita Babar
b. P Jaisha
c. Sarita R Singh
d. Manpreet Kaur
13. The Health Minister of this state has ordered all civil surgeons to plant trees in the government hospitals to mark the celebrations of world environment day.
14. This organisation/institution in June 2017 said that the global economy is set to post solid growth this year, amid improving world trade and better performance by large emerging markets.
a. World Bank
b. Asian Development Bank
c. International Monetary Fund
d. European Investment Bank
15. Union Minister Nitin Gadkari today inaugurated a new bridge on this River at Mahad on Mumbai-Goa highway in Maharashtra.
a. Girna River
b. Penganga River
c. Savitri River
d. Bhima River
1. (a) 3 percent
2. (d) Vizianagaram
3. (c) Denmark
4. (b) B. Sai Praneeth
5. (a) Ganeshan Neelakanta Iyer
6. (d) Connecting People to Nature
7. (a) Chandipur, Odisha
8. (a) China
10. (b) North Korea
11. (b) Qatar
12. (c) Sarita R Singh
13. (a) Punjab
14. (a) World Bank
15. (c) Savitri River