Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like James Webb Space Telescope, Global Media and Information Literacy Week and World Tsunami Awareness Day among others.
1. NASA recently completed the construction of which Telescope?
a) Giant Metre-wave Radio Telescope
b) Europa Hubble Space Telescope
c) Aperture Spherical Telescope
d) James Webb Space Telescope
2. Which largest ever space telescope is expected to be launched by NASA in 2018?
a) James Webb Space Telescope
b) Hubble Space Telescope
c) Kepler Space Telescope
d) TRAPPIST telescope
3. RBI recently directed all the banks to dispense more banknotes through ATMs of which denomination?
a) 10 rupees notes
b) 20 rupees notes
c) 50 rupees notes
d) 100 rupees notes
4. Name the person appointed as CEO of the World Bank?
a) Kristalina Georgieva
b) Jason McCracken
c) Antonio Guterres
d) Abdelilah Benkirane
5. What is the theme of the World Tsunami Awareness Day?
a) Effective Education and Evacuation Drills
b) Effective Evacuation Drills
c) Effective Evacuation Drills: Be Safe
d) None of the above
6. What was the theme for the Global Media and Information Literacy Week 2016 that was observed from 31 October to 5 November 2016?
a) Promoting Poverty Reduction among Young Girls through Female Entrepreneurship
b) Fostering Freedom of Expression
c) Protecting Our Heritage and Fostering Creativity
d) Media and Information Literacy: New Paradigms for Intercultural Dialogue
7. Which bank launched home loan overdraft facility for salaried customers?
a) State Bank of India
b) ICICI Bank
c) Axis Bank
d) HDFC Bank
8. Who was appointed as the Prime Minister of South Korea recently?
a) Yim Jong-yong
b) Jung Youn-kuk
c) Kim Byong-joon
d) Choi Soon-sil
9. Which PSU is not a part of the 2 billon US dollars Clean Energy Equity Fund launched by the Union Government?
a) National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
b) Rural Electrification Corporation Limited (RECL)
c) Power Finance Corporation (PFC )
d) Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL)
10. When is the International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict observed globally?
a) 4 November
b) 5 November
c) 6 November
11. Name the Former Jammu and Kashmir Deputy Chief Minister who passed away recently?
a) Pranav Shagotra
b) Satish Sharma
c) Arvind Verma
d) Mangat Ram Sharma
12. The Asia’s largest man-made Jungle Safari is located in which state of India?
c) Madhya Pradesh
13. Aware and Care health awareness campaign was launched by which state?
14. Which Ministry recently signed MoU with LinkedIn to create jobs for students?
a) Ministry of Human Resource Development
b) Ministry of Women and Child Development
c) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
d) Ministry of Small Medium Enterprises
15. Indian Railways recently set the target to achieve 100 percent de-carbonisation with 90 percent electrification by which year?
1. (d) James Webb Space Telescope
2. (a) James Webb Space Telescope
3. (d) 100 rupees notes
4. (a) Kristalina Georgieva
5. (a) Effective Education and Evacuation Drills
6. (d) Media and Information Literacy: New Paradigms for Intercultural Dialogue
7. (b) ICICI Bank
8.(c) Kim Byong-joon
9. (d) Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL)
10. (c) 6 November
11. (d) Mangat Ram Sharma
12. (d) Chhattisgarh
13. (c) Punjab
14. (a) Ministry of Human Resource Development
15. (b) 2021