6 April 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like committee pointed misdoings of AAP government, three-month extension to the space term of International space station crew member and crab named Kani maranjandu among others.
1. Who will become the Chairman of the newly constituted National Board for Electric Mobility (NBEM)?
a) Girish Shankar
b) Vikram Kirloskar
c) Vinod Dasari
d) Pawan Goenka
2. Gilbert Baker, who passed away recently, was the creator of:
a) Euro Currency Symbol
b) Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Rainbow Flag
c) Canadian National Flag
d) Logo of National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
3. Union Cabinet recently approved closure of which scheme?
a) Pradhan Mantri Atal Pension Yojana
b) Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana
c) Mahatma Gandhi Pravasi Suraksha Yojana
d) Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
4. Which state’s government is planning on setting up 6 AIIMS like institutes and 25 medical colleges in the next 5 years?
a) Uttar Pradesh
5. Which country has successfully test-fired a home developed ballistic missile that can hit any part of North Korea?
a) South Korea
6. NASA announced a three-month extension to the space term of which International space station crew member?
a) Thomas Pesquet
b) Oleg Novitskiy
c) Peggy Whitson
d) Scott Kelly
7. The Union Cabinet led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the signing of the Air Services Agreement (ASA) between India and Georgia. The features of the Air Services Agreement are as follows:
I. Both countries shall be entitled to designate one or more airline.
II. Carriers from both countries will be able to establish direct operations to any points in the other country’s territory.
III. The designated airlines of either country shall have the right to establish offices in the territory of the other for promotion and sales.
IV. The designated airline of each party will be able to enter into cooperative marketing arrangements with the designated carriers of same party, other party and that of a third party.
Which among the above statements are correct?
a) Only I and II
b) I, II and III
c) All of the above
d) I, III and IV
8. Who of the following recently assumed the charge as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of IDBI Bank?
a) B K Batra
b) Kishor Piraji Kharat
c) G M Yadwadkar
d) Mahesh Kumar Jain
9. Who of the following was recently appointed as the Chairman of the National Association of Software and Services Companies?
a) C P Gurnani
b) Rishad Premji
c) Raman Roy
d) None of the above
10. Which of the following countries recently officially recognized bitcoin as legal money?
a) South Korea
11. Scientists recently discovered a new species of tree-dwelling crab named Kani maranjandu in Western Ghats area of
a) Tamil Nadu
12. A three-member committee points out gross abuse of power by AAP government in terms of appointment and land allocation. Who of the following headed the committee?
a) VK Shunglu
b) Madhukar Gupta
c) Vinod Rai
d) Amitabh Kant
13. National Maritime Day was observed in India on
a) 4 April 2017
b) 5 April 2017
c) 6 April 2017
d) 7 April 2017
14. Union Cabinet in April 2017 approved the agreement on Audio Visual Co-Production with this country
d) The United Kingdom
15. The Union Cabinet in April 2017 approved the agreement for fairway development of Ashuganj-Zakiganj stretch of Kushiyara River with this country.
1. (a) Girish Shankar
2. (b) Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Rainbow Flag
3. (c) Mahatma Gandhi Pravasi Suraksha Yojana
4. (a) Uttar Pradesh
5. (a) South Korea
6. (c) Peggy Whitson
7. (d) I, III and IV
8. (d) Mahesh Kumar Jain
9. (c) Raman Roy
10. (c) Japan
11. (b) Kerala
12. (a) VK Shunglu
13. (b) 5 April
14. (c) Bangladesh
15. (c) Bangladesh