Current Affairs Quiz: 6 August 2021
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as real GDP growth, world's richest person and COVID-19 Death Information Portal among others.
6 August 2021: The Current Affairs Quiz section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as real GDP growth, world's richest person and COVID-19 Death Information Portal among others.
1. RBI has retained real GDP growth at how much for Fiscal Year 2021-22?
a) 10.7 percent
b) 9.5 percent
c) 11 percent
d) 10 percent
2. India has signed a $250 million project with which international financial institution to increase long-term safety of existing dams?
3. Which state assembly has passed a resolution demanding Government to withdraw Electricity (Amendment) Bill?
a) Madhya Pradesh
d) Andhra Pradesh
4. Sjoerd Marijne stepped down as Chief Coach of which Indian team?
a) Indian women’s hockey team
b) Indian men’s hockey team
c) Indian men’s football team
d) Indian women's archery team
5. Who overtook Jeff Bezos to become the world's richest man as per Forbes Real-time Billionaires list on August 6, 2021?
a) Elon Musk
b) Bill Gates
c) Bernard Arnault & Family
d) Mark Zuckerberg
6. Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award has been rechristened to honour which Indian sporting legend?
a) Milkha Singh
b) Dhyan Chand
c) Kapil Dev
d) PT Usha
7. Which state government has launched COVID-19 Death Information Portal?
8. Which nation has banned coral-damaging sunscreens in marine parks?
1. (b) 9.5 percent
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on August 6, 2021 retained the real GDP growth forecast at 9.5 percent for the current financial year 2021-2022. The RBI has also kept the repo rate unchanged at 4 percent and reverse repo rate at 3.35 percent and decided to continue to maintain its accommodative stance.
2. (a) World Bank
India, World Bank, the Central Water Commission and government representatives from 10 participating States on August 4, 2021, signed the Second Dam Rehabilitation and Improvement Project (DRIP-2) worth $250 million for enhancing the safety and performance of existing dams in India.
3. (c) Kerala
The Kerala Assembly on August 5, 2021, unanimously passed a resolution demanding the Central Government to withdraw the Electricity (Amendment) Bill, 2021.
4. (a) Indian women’s hockey team
The Indian women's hockey team chief coach Sjoerd Marijne stepped down from his position on August 6, 2021. He revealed that India's bronze medal match against Great Britain at the Tokyo Olympics was his last assignment with the Indian side.
5. (c) Bernard Arnault & Family
Bernard Arnault, French Tycoon, the Chairman and the CEO of the French Luxury Conglomerate LVHM Moet Hennessy- Louis Vuitton, became the richest man in the world after Amazon's founder Jeff Bezos net worth fell $13.9 billion in a day on August 6, 2021.
6. (b) Dhyan Chand
Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award has been renamed as Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award. The highest sporting honour in the country which was named after the former Prime Minister of India Rajiv Gandhi has been rechristened in the honour of Hockey wizard Dhyan Chand.
7. (a) Kerala
Kerala Government on August 5, 2021, launched the COVID-19 death information portal in the state to maintain and manage a proper record of the number of deaths due to coronavirus infection.
8. (a) Thailand
Thailand has banned sunscreens containing chemicals that can potentially damage coral from all of its marine national parks. This comes after concerns were raised that the lotions used by tourists for sun protection are harming the slow-growing corals. Thai Department of Conservation stated that four ingredients commonly found in sun creams destroy the coral larvae, obstruct coral reproduction and cause reef bleaching.