6 December 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics like World Soil Day, most-like tweet of the year 2017 and International Solar Alliance among others.
1. Which country has won the first-ever South Asian Regional Badminton Team Championship?
2. Who is the most tweeted about world leader?
a) Donald Trump
b) Narendra Modi
c) Kim Jong-un
d) Theresa May
3. Which world leader had the most-like tweet of the year 2017?
a) Barack Obama
b) Narendra Modi
c) Michele Obama
d) Donald Trump
4. Which planet’s moon may have similar plate tectonics as Earth?
5. The 6th ‘International Tourism Mart’ (ITM) was inaugurated in which state?
6. Which two Arab nations have formed a new economic and partnership group, separate from the Gulf Cooperation Council?
a) Egypt & Bahrain
b) UAE & Kuwait
c) UAE & Saudi Arabia
d) Saudi Arabia & Kuwait
7. When was World Soil Day observed?
a) 5 December
b) 2 December
c) 1 December
d) 6 December
8. Which country became the 15th nation to ratify the International Solar Alliance on 6 December thereby, paving way for it to become a treaty-based international intergovernmental organisation?
9. India has conducted successful test launch of which surface to air missile with indigenous radio frequency seeker?
10. Which Indian state has become the first one to pass a bill awarding death to those found guilty of raping girls aged 12 and below?
b) Uttar Pradesh
c) West Bengal
d) Madhya Pradesh
11. The International conference on climate change was held in which nation?
12. The 61st death anniversary of this social reformer, who played a huge role in fighting against untouchability and in drafting the Indian constitution, was commemorated on 6 December.
a) Dadabhai Naoroji
b) Sarojini Naidu
c) B R Ambedkar
d) Subhas Chandra Bose
1. (a) India
India won the first-ever South Asian Regional Badminton Team Championship in a title clash against Nepal in Guwahati, Assam on 5 December 2017. India, who were the clear favourites, beat Nepal 3-0. The Indian team came into the final without losing a single match and continued their good run with Aryaman Tandon, who defeated Nepal’s Dipesh Dhami 21-9, 21-15 in the boys' singles competition, to give India an early initiative.
2. (a) Donald Trump
According to the figures released by Twitter on 5 December 2017, the President of United States of America, Donald Trump has been the most tweeted about world leader in this year. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has emerged as the second most tweeted about world leader after trump.
3. (a) Barack Obama
Former US President Barack Obama had the most-liked tweet of the year 2017, according to Twitter. Obama topped the list for a tweet he sent in the aftermath of a Charlottesville, Virginia white supremacist rally descending into violence. It was also the second-most retweeted.
4. (b) Jupiter
According to a new research, the icy shell of Jupiter’s moon Europa may have plate tectonics similar to those on Earth, which could have important implications for the possibility of life in the ocean thought to exist beneath the moon's surface.
5. (c) Assam
The 6th ‘International Tourism Mart’ (ITM) was inaugurated by Assam’s governor Jagdish Mukhi in Guwahati, Assam on 5 December 2017. The mart aims to put special emphasis on India’s ‘Act East Policy’, blossoming ties with ASEAN and the larger East Asia region, which is home to the world’s rapidly growing economies and India’s emerging tourism markets.
6. (c) UAE & Saudi Arabia
The United Arab Emirates on 5 December 2017 announced that it has formed a new economic and partnership group with Saudi Arabia. The new group would be separate from the Gulf Cooperation Council. The new committee is assigned to cooperate and coordinate between the UAE and Saudi Arabia in all military, political, economic, trade and cultural fields.
7. (a) 5 December
The World Soil Day was observed across the world on 5 December 2017 with the theme ‘Caring for the Planet starts from the Ground’. According to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the soil holds three times as much carbon as the atmosphere and can help us meet the challenges of a changing climate.
8. (d) Guinea
India’s global initiative, the International Solar Alliance (ISA) will become a treaty-based international intergovernmental organisation on 6 December 2017, after ratification by Guinea, which will become the 15th nation to do so.
9. (c) Akash
India conducted successful test launch of surface to air missile ‘AKASH’ with indigenous radio frequency seeker on 5 December 2017. The missile was launched from Launch Complex-III at ITR Chandipur. This is the first Surface to Air Missile with indigenous seeker that has been test fired. With the success, India has achieved the capability of making any type of Surface to Air Missile.
10. (d) Madhya Pradesh
The state assembly of Madhya Pradesh on 4 December 2017 unanimously passed a Bill awarding death to those found guilty of raping girls aged 12 and below. With this, Madhya Pradesh becomes the first State where those convicted of such rapes will face the gallows.
11. (b) Nepal
The International conference on climate change titled ‘Resilient Hindu Kush Himalaya: Developing Solutions towards a Sustainable Future for Asia’ was held in Nepal. It was inaugurated by Nepal President Bidya Devi Bhandari. Its main objective is to draw attention towards adverse effects of global warming in Hindu Kush mountain range.
12. (c) B R Ambedkar
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 6 December 2017 paid tribute to the architect of the Constitution B R Ambedkar on his 61st death anniversary. Ambedkar, who was hailed for his contribution towards uplift of Dalits, passed away on this day in 1956.