6 February 2017: Daily Current Affairs Quizzes brought by Jagranjosh.com wants to help the aspirants’ of different competitive exams in to revising the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation, Sasikala Natarajan and CEO of National Stock Exchange among others.
1. Which country successfully tested Dongfeng-5C ballistic missile?
2. Who was appointed as the Principal Economic Adviser in the Union Finance Ministry?
a) Arvind Kumar
b) Sanjeev Sanyal
c) Sunil Grover
d) Arnab Mukherjee
3. Who was chosen as the Managing Director & CEO of National Stock Exchange?
a) Mohandas Pal
b) Ashok Chawla
c) Vikram Limaye
d) KR Ramakrishna
4. What is the theme of the 2017 International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation?
a) Achieving the new Global Goals through the elimination of Female Genital Mutilation by 2030
b) Mobilization of Health Personnel to Accelerate Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation
c) Building a solid and interactive bridge between Africa and the world to accelerate ending FGM by 2030
d) None of the above
5. A group of scientists in collaboration with the UN Food and Agricultural Organization conducted two new studies that have shown the emergence of two new groups of rust across various regions of the world in 2016. In this regard, consider the following statements.
I. These two wheat rusts are named as yellow rust and stem rust.
II. Wheat rusts spread rapidly over long distances by wind.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
a) Only I
b) Only II
c) Both I and II
d) Neither I nor II
6. Who of the following was appointed as the Legislative Party leader of the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam?
b) Sasikala Natarajan
c) Deepa Jayakumar
d) VN Sudhakaran
7. Name the renowned Pakistani Urdu novelist and author of the novel named Raja Gidh who passed away recently.
a) Bano Qudsia
b) Parven Shakir
c) Razia Butt
d) Ada Jafri
8. Vijay Goel has laid the foundation stone of 1st centre of excellence for differently-abled sportsmen. In which state the centre will be located?
d) West Bengal
9. Which gulf country recorded it lowest ever temperature in February 2017?
a) Saudi Arabia
10. Which state’s Chief Minister has launched the Chief Minister Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojana (CMSGUY) to develop its villages and stimulate rural productivity?
11. Scientists from which country have discovered what could be the world’s earliest emoji?
b) Czech Republic
12. It is in this State of India, Apple Inc. is going to start manufacturing operations.
b) Andhra Pradesh
c) Tamil Nadu
13. Identify the spacecraft that recently completed its fourth flyby of Jupiter.
b) New Horizons
14. It is with this country India signed an MoU for cooperation in the rail sector.
15. It is in this city Indian Navy launched an Integrated Underwater Harbour Defence and Surveillance System.
1. (a) China
2. (b) Sanjeev Sanyal
3. (c) Vikram Limaye
4. (c) Building a solid and interactive bridge between Africa and the world to accelerate ending FGM by 2030
5. (c) Both I and II
6. (b) Sasikala Natarajan
7. (a) Bano Qudsia
8. (a) Gujarat
9. (b) Qatar
10. (d) Assam
11. (a) Slovakia
12. (a) Karnataka
13. (c) Juno
14. (a) Italy
15. (b) Mumbai