Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like World’s largest Charkha, NASA’s spacecraft in Jupiter’s orbit and High Courts (Alteration of Names) Bill, 2016 among others.
1. World’s largest Charkha (spinning wheels) that was unveiled at Terminal 3 of the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGI), New Delhi is made of the teak wood of which country?
b) Sri Lanka
2. Union Cabinet approved MoU in the field of Rural Development and Poverty Alleviation approved with which country?
3. Name the NASA’s spacecraft that recently entered Jupiter’s orbit to understand the origin and evolution of the planet.
b) Cape Canaveral
d) New Horizon
4. The Union Cabinet recently approved The High Courts (Alteration of Names) Bill, 2016 to be introduced in the Parliament. The bill will facilitate the changing of the names of which two high courts?
a) Bombay High Court and Calcutta High Court
b) Bombay High Court and Madras High Court
c) Calcutta High Court and Madras High Court
d) Bombay High Court and Gauhati High Court
5. Name the online healthcare start-up that recently acquired diagnostic labs aggregator Medd.
a) Health 2.0
c) 1mg Technologies
d) Medibox Technologies
6. The Union Cabinet recently approved which of the following scheme for providing short term crop loan to farmers?
a) Dividends Subvention Scheme
b) Interest Subvention Plan
c) Interest Subvention Scheme
d) None of the above
7. Which one of the following minister was given the Defence portfolio as Ministers of state in the Council of Ministers during the recent reshuffle of the Union Cabinet?
b) Manuskhbhai D Vasva
c) MK Kundariya
d) Subhash Ramrao Bhamre
8. Union Cabinet on 5 July 2016 approved redevelopment of seven General Pool Residential Accommodation (GPRA) colonies in which city of India?
9. Name the state that approved the proposal of levying 6% entry tax on goods brought to local areas for consumption after purchase under e-commerce.
b) Madhya Pradesh
10. The Union Cabinet approved the National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme to train 50 lakh apprentices by which financial year?
11. Union Cabinet approved a long-term contract for import of pulses either through the private channels or Government-to-Government (G2G) sales through State Agencies nominated by the two countries with which country?
12. Dunya Maumoon resigned as Foreign minister of which country over government’s hasty decision to implement the death penalty?
13. India’s first commercial dispute resolution centre and commercial court was inaugurated in which state?
d) Andhra Pradesh
14. Which of the following statement in regard to the National Mineral Exploration Policy that was released by Union Government is true?
a) Bring together best of knowledge and experience on a collaborative platform
b) Set in motion a massive process for mineral exploration
c) Developing a mining surveillance system to check illegal mining
d) All of the above
15. Name the two-wheeler maker that inked a wage settlement pact with its permanent workers at its Gurgaon Plant, entailing a hike of 12500 rupees spread over three years.
a) Bajaj Auto
b) India Yamaha Motor
c) TVS Motor Company
d) Hero MotoCorp Ltd
1. (a) Burma
2. (a) Mauritius
3. (a) Juno
4. (b) Bombay High Court and Madras High Court
5. (c) 1mg Technologies
6. (c) Interest Subvention Scheme
7. (d) Subhash Ramrao Bhamre
8. (c) Delhi
9. (b) Madhya Pradesh
10. (c) 2019-20
11. (a) Mozambique
12. (a) Maldives'
13. (a) Chhattisgarh
14. (d) All of the above
15. (d) Hero MotoCorp Ltd
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.