Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Revenue Code (Amendment) Bill 2016, author of novel Prince of Tides and Legislative Assemblies of four states and a Union Territory among others.
1. Assembly of which state on 5 March 2016 passed the Revenue Code (Amendment) Bill 2016 that replaces an ordinance that will allow Dalits to sell their land to non-Dalits in the state.
d) Uttar Pradesh
2. Name the country that on 5 March 2016 impounded a North Korean vessel Jin Teng in response to United Nations sanctions introduced in response to Pyongyang's recent nuclear and ballistic missile tests.
3. High Court of which state on 5 March 2016 said that children of disadvantaged and weaker sections could take admission in schools of their choice, as it is their prerogative.
a) Uttar Pradesh
c) West Bengal
4. Identify the author of novel Prince of Tides. He died on 4 March 2016 in Beaufort, South Carolina at the age of 70.
a) Harper Lee
b) Frank D Gilroy
c) Pat Conroy
d) EL Doctorow
5. The two-day India-US Workshop on Traditional Medicine that concluded on 4 March 2016 was held in which city?
a) New Delhi
d) New York
6. Election Commission of India on 4 March 2016 announced the schedule for the Legislative Assemblies of four states and a Union Territory (UT). Name the UT who will face the election in 2016.
c) Dadra and Nagar Haveli
d) Daman and Diu
7. India in March 2016 filed a complaint against which country in the World Trade Organisation against its decision to impose high fees on temporary working visas?
8. Name the US Republican who officially on 4 March 2016 ended his campaign for Presidential nomination.
a) Ben Carson
b) Bernie Sanders
c) Hillary Clinton
d) Donald Trump
9. Identify the veteran All-India Forward Bloc leader who died on 3 March 2016 in Kolkata?
a) Ashok Ghosh
b) Dev Dutt Shastri
c) Ayyanam Ambalam
d) AR Perumal
10. Who authored the book Fixed: Cash and Corruption in Cricket" (HarperCollins) that was in news in the first week of March 2016?
a) VK Hamzah
b) Kalki Krishnamurthy
c) David Devadas
d) Shantanu Guha Ray
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.