6 March 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Shahpur Kandi Dam project, first all-solid-state battery cells and Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships 2017 among others.
1. Scientists of this country developed the first all-solid-state battery cells recently.
a) The USA
2. Identify the country that pegged its GDP growth target for 2017 at a 25-year low.
c) South Korea
d) Saudi Arabia
3. Who won the women’s singles title at the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships 2017?
a) Serena Williams
b) Caroline Wozniacki
c) Venus Williams
d) Elina Svitolina
4. Who won the men’s singles title at the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships 2017?
a) Andry Murray
b) Roger Federer
c) Rafael Nadal
d) Novak Djokovic
5. The government of this State proposed a Smart Mosquito Density System to fight vector-borne diseases.
b) Andhra Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
6. The Union government has launched the first-ever across-the-river survey to determine the population of aquatic life in which major Indian river?
7. Which city is going to host the three-day event, Destination North East 2017?
8. Which historic ship, known as the world’s oldest aircraft carrier was decommissioned on 6 March 2017?
a) INS Vikrant
b) INS Arihant
c) INS Viraat
d) INS Chakra
9. The Wildlife Institute of India is planning to use drones to monitor the habitat of which animal species?
d) Asian elephant
10. The Indo-Polish pair of Rohan Bopanna and Marcin Matkowski recently lost the finals of the Dubai Tennis Championships Men’s Doubles. Who of the following won the title?
a) Simone Bolelli and Andreas Seppi
b) Mahesh Bhupathi and Michael Llodra
c) Sergiy Stakhovsky and Mikhail Youzhny
d) Jean-Julien Rojer and Horia Tecau
11. Who won the 2017 ATP Mexican Open Men’s Singles title?
a) Bruno Soares
b) Rafael Nadal
c) Sam Querrey
d) Novak Djokovic
12. The West Bengal Government recently granted official language status to tribal language Kurukh. The language belongs to which of the following language family?
13. A famous liver surgeon, who also performed first successful liver transplant on a human patient, passed away recently. Name him.
a) Thomas E Starzl
b) Claude Couinad
c) Timothy Berkins
d) None of the above
14. Who of the following is the author of the book Rekha: The Untold Story?
a) Yasser Usman
b) Ram Kamal Mukherjee
c) K Vijay Kumar
d) Meena Iyer
15. Name the two states that in March 2017 agreed to resume works on Shahpur Kandi Dam project.
a) Punjab and Haryana
b) Punjab and Rajasthan
c) Punjab and Jammu and Kashmir
d) Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh
1. (a) The USA
2. (a) China
3. (d) Elina Svitolina
4. (a) Andry Murray
5. (b) Andhra Pradesh
6. (a) Ganga
7. (d) Chandigarh
8. (c) INS Viraat
9. (a) Tiger
10. (d) Jean-Julien Rojer and Horia Tecau
11. (c) Sam Querrey
12. (b) Dravidian
13. (a) Thomas E Starzl
14. (a) Yasser Usman
15. (c) Punjab and Jammu and Kashmir