Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Chief of Naval Staff, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code Bill 2016 and short fiction 'Cow and Company' among others.
1. Who of the following will be taking the charge of Chief of Naval Staff on 31 May 2016?
a) Robin K. Dhowan
b) Sureesh Mehta
c) Nirmal Kumar Verma
d) Sunil Lanba
2. Name the off-shore patrol vessel (OPVs) that was launched on 5 May 2016 by Goa-based defence shipyard, Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL).
a) ICGS Rajshree
b) ICGS Shaurya
c) ICGS Vishwast
d) ICGS Chetak
3. The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code Bill 2016 that was passed by the Lok Sabha on 5 May 2016 incorporates recommendation of the Joint Parliamentary Committee headed by?
a) Anurag Singh Thakur
b) Bhupender Yadav
c) Dr T K Viswanathan
d) Anandrao Adsul
4. Alberta, a place where state of emergency was declared due to massive wildfire on 5 May 2016, is a part of which country?
5. Name the Indian author who in May 2016 won the Commonwealth Short Story Prize for 2016, for the Asia region for unpublished short fiction 'Cow and Company'.
a) Parashar Kulkarni
b) Kritika Pandey
c) Sumit Ray
d) Vinayak Varma
6. Who of the following was appointed as Director General (DG) of Tihar on 5 May 2016?
a) Ashish Mittal
b) Sudhir Yadav
c) JK Sharma
d) Pankaj Tomar
7. Name the three countries who on 5 May 2016 agreed to conduct coordinated sea patrols and establish a hotline to combat piracy and kidnappings.
a) Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines
b) Indonesia, Malaysia and Cambodia
c) Singapore, Malaysia and Cambodia
d) Indonesia, Malaysia and Vietnam
8. Minister of Railways Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu on 5 May 2016 dedicated to the nation a high speed Wi-Fi hotspot at three Railway Stations. These railways stations are
a) Vijayawada, Allahabad and Raipur
b) Vijayawada, Kachiguda and Raipur
c) Vijayawada, Kachiguda and Adilabad
d) Ahmednagar, Kachiguda and Adilabad
9. The Union Government on 5 May 2016 announced that a Committee on Yoga Education in Universities has recommended seven programmes for implementation in universities. The Committee was headed by
a) Suresh Lal Barnawal
b) Neel Kamal
c) HR Nagendra
d) 0P Tiwari
10. Who on 5 May 2016 was appointed as the Chief of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security?
a) G S Malhi
b) H.R. Nagendra
c) Suresh Lal Barnawal
d) Kumar Rajesh Chandra
11. Name the manufacturing company that commissioned 600 mega watts (MW) coal-based thermal power plant in Madhya Pradesh in May 2016.
a) Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
b) Bharat Electricals Limited (BEL)
c) Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECIL)
d) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
12. The world's largest unmanned surface vessel that was tested by United States of America (US) Navy in San Diego on 2 May 2016 named as
a) Metal Shark
b) Sea Hunter
c) Sea Bird
d) None of these
13. Identify the bill that was passed by Lok Sabha which paves the way for unlocking of nearly 41000 crore rupees earmarked for forest land which is lying unspent.
a) The Regional Centre for Biotechnology Bill, 2016
b) The Coal Mines (Special Provision) Bill, 2015
c) The Compensatory Afforestation Fund bill, 2015
d) The Wild Life Protection (Amendment) Bill, 2013
14. Name the cosmetic company that was ordered to pay 55 million US dollars by the US jury, to a woman who claimed that company’s talcum powder caused her ovarian cancer on 2 May 2016.
d) Johnson & Johnson (J&J)
15. Name the organization whose fundamental principles of official statistics got the approval of Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 4 May 2016.
a) United Nations Organisation (UNO)
b) World Health Organisation (WHO)
c) North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO)
d) World Trade Organisation (WTO)
1. (d) Sunil Lanba
2. (b) ICGS Shaurya
3. (b) Bhupender Yadav
4. (a) Canada
5. (a) Parashar Kulkarni
6. (b) Sudhir Yadav
7. (a) Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines
8. (b) Vijayawada, Kachiguda and Raipur
9. (c) H.R. Nagendra
10. (d) Kumar Rajesh Chandra
11. (a) Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
12. (b)Sea Hunter
13. (c) The Compensatory Afforestation Fund bill, 2015
14. (d)Johnson & Johnson
15. (a) United Nations Organisation (UNO)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.