6 October 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like FIFA U-17 World Cup, first-ever ASEAN-India Music Festival and Nobel Peace Prize 2017 among others.
1. India signed agreements on trade, communication and media with which nation?
2. The 14th India and European Union summit was held in which Indian city?
c) New Delhi
3. Union Ministers, Rajnath Singh and Nitin Gadkari laid foundation stone for highway and shipping projects in which Union territory?
b) Dadar & Nagar Haveli
d) Andaman & Nicobar Islands
4. The first-ever ASEAN-India Music Festival is being held in which city?
c) New Delhi
5. In the opening match of FIFA U-17 World Cup 2017, India would be facing which nation?
6. The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) is a regional intergovernmental organisation comprising how many Southeast Asian states.
7. Who is the captain of the Indian U-17 football side, which has become first-ever Indian team to participate in a FIFA tournament?
a) Amarjit Singh Kiyam
b) Dheeraj Singh
c) Anwar Ali
d) Aniket Jadhav
8. The UN is ending its peacekeeping mission in which turmoil-hit country?
9. Which country has signed a massive USD 4.5 billion third line of credit (LoC) agreement with India?
d) Sri Lanka
10. Director General of ICMR, Soumya Swaminathan, has been appointed as the Deputy Director General of which international body?
a) World Health Organization
b) Global Health Council
c) International Medical Corps
d) International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
11. Who has been appointed as the new chairman of SBI?
a) Aswini Kumar
b) Rajeev Rishi
c) S.S. Mundra
d) Rajnish Kumar
12. Which Hollywood actor will be honoured with the AFI Life Achievement Award?
a) George Clooney
b) Alfredo James Pacino
c) Robert De Niro
d) Mel Gibson
13. Nobel Peace Prize 2017 has been awarded to which International campaign?
a) International Campaign to abolish nuclear weapons
b) International Campaign to stop global warming
c) International Campaign against Terrorism
d) International Campaign to take in refugees
14. Banwarilal Purohit was on 6 October 2017 sworn in as the governor of which state?
b) Tamil Nadu
c) Arunachal Pradesh
15. A legislation has been introduced in US’s House of Representatives that advocates exchange programmes between India and US with focus on the work of which Indian leader?
a) Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
b) Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel
c) Mahatma Gandhi
d) Jawahar Lal Nehru
1. (a) Ethiopia
2. (c) New Delhi
3. (d) Andaman & Nicobar Islands
4. (c) New Delhi
5. (d) USA
6. (c) Ten
7. (a) Amarjit Singh Kiyam
8. (a) Haiti
9. (c) Bangladesh
10. (a) World Health Organization
11. (d) Rajnish Kumar
12. (a) George Clooney
13. (a) International Campaign to abolish nuclear weapons
14. (b) Tamil Nadu
15. (c) Mahatma Gandhi