Current Affairs Quiz: 6 October 2021
The day’s updated Current Affairs quizzes cover topics such as 2021 Nobel Prize, NAV-eCash card and world's largest khadi national flag among others.
Current Affairs Quiz 6 October 2021: The Current Affairs Quiz section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise Current Affairs of the day at ease. The day’s updated Current Affairs quizzes cover topics such as 2021 Nobel Prize, NAV-eCash card and world's largest khadi national flag among others.
1. Which state has become the first Indian one to begin organised cultivation of Cinnamon?
b) Himachal Pradesh
2. Benjamin List and David W.C. MacMillan have won 2021 Nobel Prize in which category?
3. Who have been jointly awarded Nobel Prize in Medicine 2021?
a) David Julius, Ardem Patapoutian
b) Manabe, Hasselmann
c) Hasselmann, Parisi
d) Benjamin List and David W.C. Macmillan
4. Which nation plans to launch a mission to explore an asteroid between Mars and Jupiter?
5. Which bank has launched an NAV-eCash card for the Indian Navy to remove cash dependency when the ship is at high seas?
6. When was World's Teachers; Day 2021 observed?
a) October 3rd
b) October 4th
c) October 5th
d) October 6th
7. The world's largest khadi national flag was inaugurated in which state/ union territory?
b) Jammu and Kashmir
c) Himachal Pradesh
8. Who has been named the brand ambassador of Uttar Pradesh's one-district, one-product scheme?
a) Sonu Sood
b) Ajay Devgun
c) Kangana Ranaut
d) Sunny Deol
1. (b) Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh has become the first Indian state to begin organised cultivation of Cinnamon. The cinnamon cultivation has been introduced by CSIR’s Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology (IHBT) on a pilot basis.
2. (a) Chemistry
The 2021 Nobel Prize in Chemistry has been jointly awarded to Benjamin List and David W.C. MacMillan. Benjamin List from Germany and Scottish-born David MacMillan have been honoured for developing new tools for building molecules that have helped in making new drugs and are more environmentally friendly.
3. (a)David Julius, Ardem Patapoutian
The Nobel Prize in Medicine 2021 has been jointly awarded to David Julius, Ardem Patapoutian on October 4, 2021, for the discoveries on receptors for temperature and touch. Both the scientists are from the United States.
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) on October 5, 2021 announced plans to launch a probe to explore an asteroid between Mars and Jupiter to collect data on the origins of the universe.
5. (a) SBI
The Indian Navy and State Bank of India (SBI) together on October 4, 2021 launched SBI's NAV-eCash card aboard the country's largest naval aircraft carrier-INS Vikramaditya.
6. (c) October 5th
World Teachers’ Day or International Teachers’ Day is observed every year globally on October 5. The day raises the issues and concerns related to the teachers and teaching.
7. (a) Ladakh
The world's largest national flag made of Khadi was inaugurated in Leh in the union territory of Ladakh on October 2, 2021. Ladakh's Lieutenant Governor RK Mathur inaugurated the national flag on the 152nd birth anniversary of the "father of the nation" Mahatma Gandhi, who gifted Khadi, the most eco-friendly fabric to the world.
8. (c) Kangana Ranaut
The Uttar Pradesh government on October 1, 2021, named Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut as the brand ambassador of its ambitious ‘One district-one product’ scheme. The actor also met the Chief Minister of UP Yogi Adityanath at his official residence.