7 April 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like 2017 World Health Day, approval to the appointment of the two foreign coaches for athletics and Summer Surprise plan of Jio Infocomm among others.
1. The World Health Day was observed on 7 April 2017 with the year’s theme
a) From farm to plate, make food safe
b) Depression: Let's Talk
c) Halt the Rise: Beat Diabetes
d) Kidney Disease and Obesity
2. Sports ministry has approved the appointment of the two foreign coaches and two support staffs in discipline of athletics. Who of the following is not part of the approved names?
a) Dave Smith
b) Galina P Bukharina
c) Dmitry Kislev
d) Yuri Ogorodnik
3. King Maha Vajiralongkorn in April 2017 signed a military-backed Constitution for his country into a law. He is the King of this country.
4. Name the authority that in April 2017 ordered Reliance Jio Infocomm to withdraw its Summer Surprise plan.
a) Competition Commission of India
b) Telecom Regulatory Authority of India
c) Department of Revenue
d) Department of Investment and Public Asset Management
5. Two-day national TB summit began in this Indian city on 7 April 2017.
6. The Supreme Court has sought response from six states on a plea seeking a ban on cow vigilante groups there. Which of the following is not part of the state that has been asked to file its response?
7. Venkaiah Naidu has inaugurated the 3day National Children’s Film Festival in
c) New Delhi
8. Which state has appointed Geetha Johri as its first woman DGP?
b) Uttar Pradesh
c) Andhra Pradesh
9. The Prime Minister Narendra Modi in April 2017 launched development projects at Sahebganj district of a state. Sahebganj is a district of this state.
c) West Bengal
10. The Uttar Pradesh government has set up a high-level judicial committee to probe the alleged misuse of money and work being carried out on River Front Development project of this river
11. Which of the following movies won the 64th National Film Awards for the Best Feature Film?
12. Which of the following movies won the 64th National Film Awards for the Best Hindi Feature Film?
13. Name the Pakistani cricketer who recently announced his retirement from the international cricket.
b) Yasir Hameed
c) Younis Khan
d) Mohammad Yousuf
14. Who of the following cricketers was named the Wisden’s Leading Cricketer in the World for 2016?
a) Virat Kohli
b) Ravindra Jadeja
c) Ravichandran Ashwin
d) Shikhar Dhawan
15. Who of the following was recently appointed as the new Executive Director of the Reserve Bank of India?
a) B P Kanungo
b) N S Vishwanathan
c) Vijay Singhal
d) Malvika Sinha
1. (b) Depression: Let's Talk
2. (d) Yuri Ogorodnik
3. (a) Thailand
4. (b) Telecom Regulatory Authority of India
5. (a) Dharamshala
6. (d) Uttarakhand
7. (a) Vishakhapatnam
8. (d) Gujarat
9. (b) Jharkhand
10. (a) Gomati
11. (a) Kasaav
12. (c) Neerja
13. (a) Misbah-ul-Haq
14. (a) Virat Kohli
15. (d) Malvika Sinha
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.