Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like International Women's Day, International Women's Day and burrowing snake, named Melanophidium Khairei among others.
1. International Women's Day was observed across the world on 8 March 2016 with the theme
a) Planet 50-50 by 2030: Step It Up for Gender Equality
b) Equality for Women is Progress for All
c) Empowering Women, Empowering Humanity: Picture it!
d) Equal Rights, Equal Opportunities: Progress for All
2. Name the organization/Institution that on 8 March 2016 released Women at Work: Trends 2016 report.
a) UN Women
b) World Bank
c) International Labour Organization
d) Global Fund for Women
3. Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on 8 March 2016 announced to roll back a proposal to tax Employee Provident Fund (EPF) withdrawals. According to the proposal what percentage of EPF withdrawals would have become taxable?
a) 30 percent
b) 40 percent
c) 50 percent
d) 60 percent
4. Who was appointed as head of the newly constituted National Cricket Selection Panel by the Sri Lanka Cricket Board on 8 March 2016 for selecting players for ICC T-20 Cricket World Cup?
a) Kumar Sangakkara
b) Lalith Kaluperuma
c) Arvinda de Silva
d) Kapila Wijegunawardena
5. Name the tennis player who on 7 March 2016 announced that she was provisionally suspended after she failed a drug test at the Australian Open.
a) Jennifer Capriati
b) Petra Kvitova
c) Serena Williams
d) Maria Sharapova
6. The US troops on 7 March 2016 began their largest ever military exercises with which country?
a) North Korea
c) South Korean
7. A new species of burrowing snake, named Melanophidium Khairei, was discovered in which region of Indian peninsula?
a) Western Ghats
b) Eastern Ghats
c) Malabar Coast
d) Deccan Plateau
8. Which team on 5 March 2016 won the third season of Pro Kabaddi League?
a) U Mumba
b) Patna Pirates
c) Bengal Warriors
d) Telugu Titans
9. Name the famous Malayalam actor and folk singer who passed away on 6 March 2016 in Kochi.
c) Kalabhavan Mani
d) Kedamangalam Ali
10. Name the former chairman of the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) who in March 2016 was conferred with the Mahindra Samriddhi Krishi Shiromani Samman.
a) T Nanda Kumar
b) S Ayyappan
c) V Kurien
d) Amrita Patel
11. Who won the 2016 WGC-Cadillac Championship, which was played at Trump National Doral in Doral, Florida?
a) Scott Piercy
b) Adam Scott
c) Bubba Watson
d) Rory McIlroy
12. As per a study released by Lancet in March 2016 impact of climate change on food production could cause over 500000 extra deaths in the year
13. As per a study released by Lancet in March 2016 how many extra deaths will occur per million population in India due to the impact of climate change on food production in 2050?
14. Identify the industry category which is not part of the four-colour scheme announced by the Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change on 5 March 2016 based on pollution levels.
15. Which high court on 5 March 2016 ruled that the national anthem should be sung in all private schools in the State during the morning assembly?
1-(a) 6-(c) 11-(b)
2-(c) 7-(a) 12-(c)
3-(d) 8-(b) 13-(b)
4-(c) 9-(c) 14-(d)
5-(d) 10-(d) 15-(a)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.