8 March 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like 2017 International Women's Day 2017, India’s longest extradosed bridge and Times Higher Education (THE) rankings 2017 among others.
1. India’s longest extradosed bridge was inaugurated in
2. The Tirtha Darshan scheme for senior citizens was announced by
3. The Leaders' Summit in Commemoration of the 20th anniversary of the Indian Ocean Rim Association was held in
b) New Delhi
4. Which airport secured first position in the world in the 5-15 million passengers per annum category in 2016?
a) Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad
b) Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi
c) Bengaluru International Airport
d) Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport
5. Which of the following figured in top 10 institutions in the 'Best Small Universities' category of the Times Higher Education (THE) rankings 2017?
a) IIT, Kanpur
b) IIM, Ahmedabad
c) NID, Ahmedabad
d) IISc, Bangalore
6. Which Oscar winner was honoured by the Harvard foundation with the ‘Artist of the Year’ 2017 award?
a) Viola Davis
b) Emma Stone
c) Casey Affleck
d) Mahershala Ali
7. Which city hosted the two-day International Yoga festival, organised by Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga in association?
8. The House of Lords voted in overwhelming majority to call for which body’s meaningful vote on the final terms of Brexit?
a) The Sovereign
c) The Judiciary
d) The Church
9. What is the theme of the 2017 International Women's Day that is observed on 8 March every year?
a) Planet 50-50 by 2030: Step It Up for Gender Equality
b) Empowering Women, Empowering Humanity: Picture it!
c) Equality for Women is Progress for All
d) Women in the Changing World of Work: Planet 50-50 by 2030
10. Which country recently overtook Eurozone to become world’s biggest bank system, as per a new analysis by the Financial Times?
b) United States
11. First smart tribal village Habbi was recently inaugurated. The village is located in which of the following states?
b) Jammu and Kashmir
c) Arunachal Pradesh
12. The Indo-Nepal Joint Military Exercise Surya Kiran-XI commenced recently at which of the following places?
a) Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand
b) Saljhandi, Nepal
c) Almora, Uttarakhand
d) None of the above
13. The joint military training exercise AL NAGAH-II was conducted between Indian Army and the Army troops of which country?
14. The State bank of India will levy penalty if Minimum Average Balance in account of metropolitan population is below what amount?
a) Rs 3000
b) Rs 4000
c) Rs 5000
d) Rs 7000
15. India’s first AI based chatbot EVA was launched by which bank?
a) ICICI Bank
b) Axis Bank
c) Yes Bank
d) HDFC Bank
1. (a) Bharuch
2. (b) Haryana
3. (a) Jakarta
4. (a) Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad
5. (d) IISc, Bangalore
6. (a) Viola Davis
7. (b) Delhi
8. (b) Parliament
9. (d) Women in the Changing World of Work: Planet 50-50 by 2030
10. (c) China
11. (b) Jammu and Kashmir
12. (a) Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand
13. (b) Oman
14. (c) Rs 5000
15. (d) HDFC Bank
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.