Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like RBI’s executive director, Shashi Tharoor’s book and Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan among others.
1. Who of the following was appointed as the Executive Director of Reserve Bank of India in November 2016?
a) M Rajeshwar Rao
b) G Mahalingam
c) Prashant Saran
d) S Raman
2. Who among the following was conferred with the Jamnalal Bajaj Foundation Awards for promoting Gandhian values outside India?
a) Sheikh Rached Ghannouchi
b) Barack Obama
c) Al Gore
d) Richard Attenborough
3. Name the first female U.S. Attorney General who passed away recently.
a) Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
b) Cristina Fernandez
c) Mary McAleese
d) Janet Reno
4. Who was recently appointed as the MD and CEO of Bank of Baroda Capital Markets Limited?
a) Ratnesh Pathak
b) Jignesh Chatwal
c) Ratnesh Kumar
d) None of the above
5. The Vice President of India, M. Hamid Ansari, recently released a book authored by Shashi Tharoor. What is the title of the book?
a) The Adivasi Will Not Dance
b) An Era of Darkness: The British Empire in India
c) The Ministry of Utmost Happiness
d) The Ocean of Churn: How the Indian Ocean Shaped Human History
6. The Union Government recently launched the Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan. The scheme had first found its mention in Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s monthly radio address Mann Ki Baat in which of the following months?
a) June 2016
b) July 2016
c) May 2016
d) August 2016
7. Who of the following was awarded with Reporters without Borders (RSF)-TV5 Monde prize in the journalist category?
a) Seymour Khazi
b) Edouard Perrin
c) Hadi Abdullah
d) Ismail Alexandrani
8. Name the organisation that in November 2016 was awarded with Reporters without Borders (RSF)-TV5 Monde prize in Media category.
a) 64Tianwang, China
b) Azamn, Oman
c) Radio M, Alegria
d) NDTV, India
9. Who of the following was/were awarded with Reporters without Borders (RSF)-TV5 Monde prize in Citizen Journalist category?
a) Leonardo Sakamoto
b) Ali Al-Mearaj
c) Tania Quintero and Ivan García Quintero
d) Lu Yuyu and Li Tingyu
10. Union Government recently issued guidelines for suspension or banning of business dealings in which sector?
a) Infrastructure Sector
b) Agriculture Sector
c) Banking Sector
d) Armament Sector
11. Who was appointed as Chairman of Fund Trustee and Advisory Commission of Kerala?
a) Narinder Singh
b) Chiman Lal Chauhan
c) Vinod Rai
d) Keshav Kashyap
12. Which Mission of NASA created Guinness World Record for highest altitude fix of GPS signal recently?
a) Asteroid Redirect Robotic Mission
b) Magnetospheric Multiscale Mission
c) Orion spacecraft Mission
d) MAVEN: Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution Mission
13. Lost ancient river Chandrabhaga flowed near which UNESCO recognised heritage site?
a) Ajanta Caves
b) Konark Sun Temple
c) Agra Fort
14. Which are the two newly identified biomarkers that will help in easy diagnosis of drug resistant Tuberculosis?
a) miR-16 and miR-155
b) miR-34 and miR-13a
c) miR-29a and miR-125b
d) miR-6 and miR-112
15. President Pranab Mukherjee presented the 2016 Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE Awards to the winning children of IGNITE competition. Name the organisation or autonomous body that organises the competition.
a) Grassroots Innovations Design Studio
b) National Innovation Foundation
c) Indian Council of Agricultural Research
d) Grassroots Innovation Augmentation Network
1. (a) M Rajeshwar Rao
2. (a) Sheikh Rached Ghannouchi
3. (d) Janet Reno
4. (c) Ratnesh Kumar
5. (b) An Era of Darkness: The British Empire in India
6. (a) June 2016
7. (c) Hadi Abdullah
8. (a) 64Tianwang, China
9. (d) Lu Yuyu and Li Tingyu
10. (d) Armament Sector
11. (c) Vinod Rai
12. (b) Magnetospheric Multiscale Mission
13. (b) Konark Sun Temple
14. (a) miR-16 and miR-155
15. (b) National Innovation Foundation
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.