8 November 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Paytm BHIM UPI, Delhi air pollution and 2017 Asian Women's Boxing Championship among others.
1. Which country ratified the International Solar Alliance framework agreement in November 2017?
2. Which payment service introduced BHIM UPI for seamless money transfer?
c) OLA Money
3. When is the International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict observed every year?
a) 4 November
b) 5 November
c) 6 November
d) 7 November
4. Which Multi-Agency Group (MAG) was reconstituted by the Union Government to investigate into the case of Paradise Papers?
a) Bimal Jalan group
b) RK Mishra group
c) Beni Dayal group
d) Sushil Chandra group
5. India signed how much amount of loan agreement with the World Bank (WB) for Odisha Higher Education Programme for Excellence and Equity (OHEPEE) Project?
a) USD 119 million
b) USD 127 million
c) USD 132 million
d) USD 141 million
6. Who won gold medal at the 2017 Asian Women's Boxing Championship?
a) MC Mary Kom
b) Tsubasa Komura
c) Hyang Mi Kim
d) Steffy Martell
7. Which states were directed by NGT to undertake preventive measures for dealing with alarming air pollution levels?
a) Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and Haryana
b) Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh
c) Delhi, Haryana and Rajasthan
d) All of the above
8. Which country has unveiled Asia’s largest island building vessel?
9. Which green body has recommended slashing of metro fares and quadrupling of parking fees to fight pollution crisis in Delhi?
10. Which state is hosting the 20th International Children's Film Festival India?
11. Which social media platform has increased its character limit from 140 to 280?
12. India ended its stint at the Commonwealth Shooting Championships with how many medals?
13. The European Union has launched an Election Observation Mission for which country’s polls?
b) South Korea
14. Which country’s player made history by taking two hat-tricks in the same first-class game?
a) New Zealand
15. Who was appointed as Special Secretary in Union Commerce Ministry in November 2017?
a) Binoy Kumar
b) Aruna Sundararajan
c) Thawar Chand Gehlot
d) Manoj Sinha
1. (a) Guinea
2. (b) Paytm
3. (c) 6 November
4. (d) Sushil Chandra group
5. (a) USD 119 million
6. (a) MC Mary Kom
7. (a) Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and Haryana
8. (b) China
9. (d) EPCA
10. (c) Telangana
11. (c) Twitter
12. (d) 20
13. (a) Nepal
14. (b) Australia
15. (a) Binoy Kumar
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.