8 September 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like 51st International Literacy Day, ‘Across Barriers-International Business Women’s Summit’, Pakistani bank ordered to shut down its New York office and the 2019 Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships among others.
1. Which of the following countries refused to sign the Bali Declaration over Rohingya issue?
2. Which of the following companies recently introduced a policy for paternity leave in India?
c) Johnson & Johnson
d) American Express
3. Which of the following countries will host the 2019 Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships?
c) United Kingdom
d) New Zealand
4. The Andhra Pradesh Government inked an MoU with a US-based company to introduce futuristic Hyperloop transportation system in which of the following cities?
5. Who was unanimously elected as the Chairman of Press Trust of India (PTI) recently?
a) N Ravi
b) Viveck Goenka
c) Riyad Mathew
d) B Raman
6. Name the joint military exercise between India and US that will be conducted from 14 to 27 September 2017?
a) Exercise Yudh Abhyas 2017
b) SLINEX 2017
c) Surya Kiran 2017
d) Malabar Exercise 2017
7. The Energy Efficiency Services Limited ( EESL) of India launched UJALA Scheme in which country?
b) Sri Lanka
8. Who was appointed as Chairperson of National Authority for Chemical Weapons Convention (NACWC)?
a) M S Ganesha
b) Inder Jit Singh
c) J Y Pillay
d) Yograj Singh
9. Name the institute/orgaisation that has decided to undertake major research works on agriculture with the World Bank fund of Rs 1100 crore in the year 2017.
a) Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries (DAHD&F)
b) Extension Division of Department of Agriculture Cooperation and Farmers’ Welfare (DAC&FW)
c) Central Agricultural Research Institute (CARI), Port Blair
d) Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR)
10. Name the Pakistani bank that was ordered to shut down its New York office for repeatedly failing to heed concerns over possible terrorist financing and money laundering.
a) Bank Alfalah
b) Habib Bank
c) MCB Bank Limited
d) Askari Bank
11. A US Court has allowed extended family members of US citizens from six majority-Muslim nations to lawfully enter the US. Which of the following is not part of the countries that was allowed to lawfully enter the US?
12. The Women and Child Welfare Department of which state signed a joint MoU with milk marketing federation to prevent malnutrition among Anganwadi children?
b) Uttar Pradesh
13. The South Asian Women Development Forum would be organising ‘Across Barriers-International Business Women’s Summit’ in which city?
a) New Delhi
14. The 51st International Literacy Day was celebrated across the world on which day?
a) 8 September
b) 10 September
c) 5 September
d) 11 September
15. The 51st International Literacy Day was celebrated globally with what theme?
a) Literacy in a Digital World
b) Education for All
c) Literacy and Empowerment
d) Literacy and Peace
1. (d) India
2. (c) Johnson & Johnson
3. (b) India
4. (a) Amravati
5. (b) Viveck Goenka
6. (a) Exercise Yudh Abhyas 2017
7. (a) Malaysia
8. (b) Inder Jit Singh
9. (d) Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR)
10. (b) Habib Bank
11. (d) Nigeria
12. (c) Gujarat
14. (a) 8 September 2017
15.(a) Literacy in a Digital World