Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like 2016 International Anti-Corruption Day, Chief Justice of Pakistan and liquor and tobacco ban among others.
1. What is the theme of the 2016 International Anti-Corruption Day?
a) Break the corruption chain
b) Act against Corruption Today
c) United against corruption for development, peace and security
d) None of the above
2. Who of the following was recently appointed as the Chief Justice of Pakistan?
a) Justice Nasir-ul-Mulk
b) Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry
c) Justice Tassaduq Hussain Jillani
d) Justice Mian Saqib Nisar
3. The Chief Minister of Kerala recently launched Haritha Keralam Mission to make the state clean, protect its water sources and soil. Who is the Chief Minister of the state?
a) T K Nair
b) Oommen Chandy
c) Pinarayi Vijayan
d) V. S. Achuthanandan
4. Name the first American astronaut to Orbit Earth who passed away recently.
a) Alan Shepard
b) John Glenn
c) Buzz Aldrin
d) Guion Bluford
5. India was recently designated as a Major Defence Partner of the United States during the visit of US Secretary of Defence to New Delhi. Who is the US Secretary of Defence?
a) Ashton Carter
b) Chuck Hagel
c) Robert Gates
d) Leon Panetta
6. Which is the most powerful language as per the 2016 World Power Language Index (PLI)?
7. Which bank was considered as the Best Bank for SME Lending by Assocham?
a) Vijaya Bank
b) Axis Bank
c) HDFC Bank
d) IDBI Bank
8. Which state launched the Purse mobile app to promote digital transactions?
a) Himachal Pradesh
b) Arunachal Pradesh
c) Uttar Pradesh
d) Andhra Pradesh
9. Who was named as the Asian of the Year 2016 by The Straits Times?
a) Sachin Bansal
b) Mukesh Ambani
c) Sunil Mittal
d) Ratan Tata
10. Which Indian organisation announced to provide financial support to eligible banks for deployment of 2 POS devices each in 1 Lakh villages with population of less than 10000?
c) NITI Aayog
11. Which Indian Airlines faces a summoning from the Enforcement Directorate for violating FEMA regulations?
a) Air India
b) Air Asia India
12. Which South Indian Temple relaxed its dress norms for women and later reversed its decision?
a) Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple
b) Ramanathaswamy Temple
c) The Guruvayoor Shri Krishna temple
d) Sri Venkateswara Swamy Temple
13. Which country’s president faces an impeachment vote?
d) South Korea
14. Which country was denied $100 million loan from the World Bank?
15. Which Indian State’s High Court has ordered a liquor and tobacco ban in three of its districts?
a) Himachal Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
1. (c) United against corruption for development, peace and security
2. (d) Justice Saqib Nisar
3. (c) Pinarayi Vijayan
4. (b) John Glenn
5. (a) Ashton Carter
6. (a) English
7. (a) Vijaya Bank
8. (d) Andhra Pradesh
9. (a) Sachin Bansal
10. (B) NABARD
11. (b) Air Asia India
12. (a) Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple
13. (d) South Korea
14. (c) Pakistan
15. (b) Uttarakhand
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.