Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like death of President of Nepali Congress, Sonadia port project and Prohibition of Discriminatory Tariffs for Data Services Regulations, 2016 among others.
1. Name the former Prime Minister of Nepal and President of Nepali Congress who died on 9 February 2016.
a) Sushil Koirala
b) Krishna Prasad Bhattarai
c) Girija Prasad Koirala
d) Surya Bahadur Thapa
2. Name the noted Urdu Poet and well known Bollywood lyricist who died due to heart attack in Mumbai on 8 February 2016.
a) Josh Malihabadi
b) Nida Fazli
c) Raghupati Sahay
d) Firaq Gorakhpuri
3. Sonadia port project that was in news in February 2016 is based in which of the following country?
b) Sri Lanka
4. Name the storm that battered parts of southern Britain by heavy rain and winds up to 96 miles per hour (mph) in February 2016.
5. New Zealand on 8 February 2016 won the Chappell-Hadlee Trophy by defeating Australia. Chappell-Hadlee Trophy is associated with which game?
6. Who on 8 February 2016 won the gold in women's individual squash after beating Maria Toorpaki Wazir of Pakistan at the 12th South Asian Games?
a) Dipika Pallikal
b) Joshna Chinappa
c) Nicol David
d) Laura Massaro
7. Identify the New Zealand cricketer who retired from One-Day Internationals (ODIs) on 8 February 2016?
a) Nathan McCullum
b) Brendon McCullum
c) Andy Morris
d) Nathan Astle
8. In how many International Languages did the Union Government launched the 24x7 Toll Free Tourist Infoline on 8 February 2016?
9. Identify the organization that issued the Prohibition of Discriminatory Tariffs for Data Services Regulations, 2016 on 8 February 2016.
d) None of the above
10. Who on 5 February 2016 was appointed as the President of the South Asian Wrestling Federation?
a) Tabiur Rehman
b) UH Neville Pdmashri
c) Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh
d) Raj Mohammed Ansari
11. The Royal Navy of United Kingdom in February 2016 presented its desire to officially study India’s humanitarian rescue operation in Yemen. Name it.
12. Who in February 2016 was appointed as the Executive Vice-Chairman of The Energy and Resources Institute?
a) Ajay Mathur
b) Rajeev Gupta
c) Vikas Malhotra
d) Rajendra Kumar Pachauri
13. The Chettinad cotton saree in the first week of February 2016 won the India Handloom tag for its unique designs and identity. The Chettinad cotton saree is also known as
c) Vamshi Vastra
14. Which educational institute recently emerged as India's first fully solar-powered educational institute?
a) Aarupadai Veedu Medical College
b) Sri Venkateshwaraa Medical College Hospital & Research Centre
c) Sri Aurobindo International Centre for Education
d) Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Veterinary Education And Research
15. Which country became the first country in the world to ban supermarkets from throwing away or destroying unsold food?
b) The United States of America
c) United Kingdom
1-(a) 6-(b) 11-(a)
2-(b) 7-(a) 12-(d)
3-(c) 8-(b) 13-(d)
4-(a) 9-(c) 14-(c)
5-(b) 10-(c) 15-(d)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.