Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like conference on Afghan reconciliation, Republic Day Parade, and norms for erecting memorials among others.
1. A four-nation conference on Afghan reconciliation process to explore ways to create consensus for talks between the Taliban and Afghanistan's government will be held on 11 January 2016 in?
2. Soldiers of which of the following country will parade along with Indian troops on Rajpath during Republic Day celebration on 26 January 2016 (Republic Day)?
3. Name the state that on 8 January 2016 laid down norms for erecting memorials of national leaders, freedom fighters, saints, historical personalities and politicians.
a) Jammu & Kashmir
4. Name the country that on 8 January 2016 introduced measures to combat recruitment of its citizen to extremist groups like the so-called Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS).
5. Which of the following country on 8 January 2016 published new broadcast regulations that will place strict limits on sexual content and ban preachers from soliciting money on air?
d) Papua New Guinea
6. Parliament of which country on 8 January 2016 adopted a resolution, denouncing the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK)'s fourth nuclear test, urging it to dismantle its nuclear programme?
a) The US
c) South Korea
7. Union Government decided to implement the Bharat Stage (BS) VI norms to curb vehicular pollution. From which date the implementation will take place?
a) 1 April 2020
b) 1 April 2023
c) 1 April 2019
d) 1 April 2021
8. President Pranab Mukherjee on 7 January 2016 promulgated the Enemy Property (Amendment and Validation) Ordinance, 2016 to make amendments to the Enemy Property Act of
9. Thermal Power companies will now have to transport fly ash free of cost to road construction site located within 100 kms perimeter of their plant in which state?
a) West Bengal
10. Name the author of the book, Azad Bachpan Ki Or that was released on 7 January 2016 by the Supreme Court Justice Dipak Misra.
a) Viral Shah
b) Kailash Satyarthi
c) Madhuri Bose
d) Anuj Dhar
11. The State-level 14th Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas celebrations began on 9 January 2016 in which of the following state?
a) Andhra Pradesh
12. Quikr on 7 January 2016 announced the acquisition of which property search website?
13. Who on 7 January 2016 was voted as the Hilton Asian Tour Golfer of Month for December 2015?
a) Himmat Rai
b) Phachara Khongwatmai
c) Miguel Tabuena
d) Anirban Lahiri
14. The Rajasthan Government on 7 January 2016 inked an agreement with Cairn Enterprise Centre Society. What is the aim of the agreement?
a) To build charitable hospitals in Jaipur
b) To provide clean drinking water in Barmer
c) To promote sanitation in Jodhpur
d) To promote girls’ education in Jaisalmer
15. Who on 7 January 2016 was felicitated with the Central Banker of the Year Award (Global and Asia Pacific) for 2016?
a) Raghuram Rajan
b) Nathan Rothschild
c) Ben Shalom Bernanke
d) Ajay Banga
1-(a) 6-(c) 11-(b)
2-(a) 7-(a) 12-(d)
3-(b) 8-(c) 13-(c)
4-(d) 9-(b) 14-(b)
5-(c) 10-(b) 15-(a)