9 January 2017: Daily Current Affairs Quizzes brought by Jagranjosh.com wants to help the aspirants’ competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. It will also help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like India-Portugal agreements, new team of environmental police and 2017 Qatar Open among others.
1. Which insurance company tied up with Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) for capital support to enterprises?
a) Life Insurance Corporation of India
b) National Insurance Company Ltd
c) Oriental Insurance Company Ltd
d) New India Assurance Company Ltd
2. A new species of Zingiber (commonly referred as ginger) was recently discovered in which region?
a) Odisha coast
d) Bay of Bengal
3. Who of the following was appointed as the Commander-in-Chief of the Islamic Military Alliance?
a) Raheel Sharif
b) Syed Ashraful Islam
c) Hishammuddin Hussein
d) None of the above
4. Who won the 2017 Qatar Open Men’s Singles title?
a) David Ferrer
b) Rafael Nadal
c) Andy Murray
d) Novak Djokovic
5. Who own the 2017 Chennai Open Men’s Singles title?
a) Daniil Medvedev
b) Stanislas Wawrinka
c) Roberto Bautista Agut
d) Milos Raonic
6. Who won the 2017 Chennai Open Men’s Doubles title?
a) Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi
b) Rohan Bopanna and Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan
c) Purav Raja and Divij Sharan
d) Rohan Bopanna and Purav Raja
7. Who won the 2017 Brisbane International Women’s Doubles title?
a) Sania Mirza and Bethanie Mattek-Sands
b) Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis
c) Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Martina Hingis
d) None of the above
8. Name the former Iranian President who passed away recently.
a) Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei
b) Mehdi Khalaji
c) Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani
d) Khaleed Sheikh
9. Who was sworn-in as the President of Ghana?
a) Hashemi Khamenei
b) Mahamudu Bawumia
c) Kwesi Amissah-Arthur
d) Nana Akufo-Addo
10. Home Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated CISF Eastern HQ in _____.
11. Japan has demanded this country to remove a statue of a comfort woman which has reignited a diplomatic row over Tokyo's wartime sex slavery.
d) South Korea
12. Name the country that country that brought a new team of police named environmental police to combat toxic smog in its capital city.
13. Which film won seven Golden Globes awards including the best originial score honour?
a) La La Land
d) Manchester By Sea
14. India-Portugal signed seven agreements on 7 January 2016. Consider the following statements in context to the agreements
I. They were inked during PM Narendra Modi’s visit to Portugal.
II. Agreement in the field of agriculture and allied sectors were signed.
III. MoU in the sector of defence was inked.
Which is/are correct?
a) Only I
b) Only I and II
c) Only II and III
d) I, II and III
15. Consider the following statements related to Pravasi Kaushal Vikas Yojana.
I. It seeks to train and certify Indians who are willing to seek employment abroad.
II. It is a part of the government’s efforts to make India skill capital of the world.
III. It is implemented by the National Skill Development Corporation.
Which of them is/are true?
a) I and II only
b) II and III only
c) I and III only
d) I, II and III
1. (a) Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC)
2. (b) Andamans
3. (a) Raheel Sharif
4. (d) Novak Djokovic
5. (c) Roberto Bautista Agut
6. (b) Rohan Bopanna and Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan
7. (a) Sania Mirza and Bethanie Mattek-Sands
8. (c) Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani
9. (d) Nana Akufo-Addo
10. (a) Ranchi
11. (d) South Korea
12. (c) China
13.(a) La La Land
14. (b) Only II and III
15. (d) I, II and III
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.