9 June 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Kambala sport, 2nd National Health Editor’s Conference on Yoga and UK General election results 2017 among others.
1. India’s Rohan Bopanna in June 2017 won the mixed doubles title of the French Open of Tennis with his Canadian teammate. Who of the following was his teammate during this triumph?
a) Anna-Lena Groenefeld
b) Robert Farah
c) Alicja Rosolska
d) Gabriela Dabrowski
2. India’s Rohan Bopanna with his Canadian teammate has won the mixed doubles title of the 2017 French Open of Tennis. Name the mixed pair that was defeated by the Indo-Canadian pair to win the title.
a) Gabriela Dabrowski and Robert Farah
b) Anna-Lena Groenefeld and Robert Farah
c) Gabriela Dabrowski and Anna-Lena Groenefeld
d) Anna-Lena Groenefeld and Sania Mirza
3. Who of the following is the author of the book, “Who has seen the Wind”?
a) Dorothy Livesay
b) WO Mitchell
c) Hugh MacLennan
d) Margaret Laurence
4. Name the eminent historian and former chairman of Indian Council for Historical Research passed away in Guwahati in June 2017.
a) Bipin Chandra
b) Basudev Chatterji
c) Gangmumei Kamei
d) DN Namboodiri
5. Name the institution/organisation that in its report said that stressed assets of Indian banks will increase through 2019 and capitalisation will remain a key credit weakness for state-owned lenders.
a) World Bank
c) Fitch & Smera
6. Name the south-Indian state whose State Tourism Department is holding a three-day full moon festival at Oravakallu, a natural landscape of regal rock formations, beginning on 9 June 2017.
a) Andhra Pradesh
7. Name the cricketer who was recently inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame?
a) Muttiah Muralidaran
b) Niroshan Dickwella
c) Danushka Gunathilaka
d) Chamara Kapugedara
8. What was the theme of 2017 World Oceans Day?
a) Our Oceans, Our Future
b) Protect your Ocean
c) Healthy Oceans, Healthy Planet
d) Youth: the Next Wave for Change
9. Consider the following statements with respect to exoplanet ‘KELT-9b’ discovered recently:
I. It is cooler than the most of the stars in the universe.
II. It has a day-side temperature of 4326 degree C which is only 926 degree Celsius cooler than Sun.
Choose the correct option
a) Only I
b) Only II
c) Both I and II
d) None of the above
10. India recently signed the multilateral convention in Paris to implement tax treaty-related measures to prevent Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS). The BEPS was launched by which of the following projects?
a) International Monetary Fund (IMF) project
b) Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) project
c) Group of 20 countries (G-20) project
d) Both (B) and (C)
11. Union Cabinet approved Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Export-Import Bank of India (EXIM Bank) and Export-Import Bank of which country for export credit of USD 9 billion?
c) South Korea
12. Mehrunnisa Dalwai, eminent social activist, author and wife of the late thinker and Marathi writer Hamid Dalwai passed away at her residence on 8 June 2017. What did she mainly work?
a) Justice and equal rights for Muslim women
b) Girl education
c) Mother and child welfare
d) Gender equality
13. Which party is the single biggest winner in UK General election results 2017?
a) Conservative party
b) Labour Party
c) Liberal Democrats
d) Scottish National Party
14. Which state is hosting the 2nd National Health Editor’s Conference on Yoga?
a) Uttar Pradesh
15. The Centre has passed the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Bill 2017, legalising Kambala sport. The traditional racing sport involves which animal?
1. (d) Gabriela Dabrowski
2. (b) Anna-Lena Groenefeld and Robert Farah
3. (b) WO Mitchell
4. (b) Basudev Chatterji
5. (b) Moody’s
6. (a) Andhra Pradesh
7. (a) Muttiah Muralidaran
8. (a) Our Oceans, Our Future
9. (b) Only II
10. (d) Both (b) and (c)
11. (c) South Korea
12.(a) Justice and equal rights for Muslim women
13. (a) Conservative Party
14. (c) Delhi
15. (c) Buffalo
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.