Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like 2015 Nari Shakti Puraskar, 1000-kilometer bicycle expedition of Indian Army and a 2.3 million euro initiative against Zika virus among others.
1. Name the state that on 8 March 2016 announced inclusion of Widow Marriage under state government’s Mukhyamantri Kanya Vivah Yojana?
b) Madhya Pradesh
c) West Bengal
2. Combat operation, code-named 'Hillstorm 3' against GNLA (Garo National Liberation Army) militants, which was in news on 8 March 2016, is an operation of which of the following?
a) Assam Police
b) Indian Army
c) Meghalaya Police
d) Border Security Force
3. Indian Army on 8 March 2016 launched a 1000-kilometer bicycle expedition from Pangsau Pass. Pangasu Pass connects India to which country?
4. Name the state that on 8 March 2016 received Nari Shakti Puraskar for the year 2015 that was conferred by President Pranab Mukherjee in Rashtrapati Bhawan.
a) Madhya Pradesh
5. What is the theme of 1000-kilometer bicycle expedition of Indian Army that was launched on 8 March 2016 from Pangsau Pass in Assam?
a) Cycle to Recycle
b) Cycling to Recycle
c) Cycling for Environment
d) Cycling for friendship
6. Which orgnaisation’s/institute’s Board of Governors on 8 March 2016 approved a 2.3 million euro initiative to help Latin America and the Caribbean countries to fight against Zika virus?
a) European Central Bank
b) European Union
c) International Atomic Energy Agency
d) World Bank
7. Name the technique that will be transferred to Latin America and Caribbean countries to fight against Zika virus under 2.3 Million Euro Project.
a) Sterile Insect Technique
b) Bacillus thuringiensis serotype israelensis (Bti)
c) Synthetic pyrethroids technique
d) Organochlorine insecticides technique
8. Name the multilateral military exercise between the Indian Army and Armies of countries from the ASEAN Plus which concluded on 8 March 2016 in Pune.
a) Exercise FORCE 18
b) Exercise Lamitye 2016
c) Exercise IBSAMAR
d) Exercise Surya Kiran
9. Which multinational professional services firm on 8 March 2016 was appointed as the consultant of Indian Railways to discover the advertising potential in trains and stations?
c) Ernst & Young
10. Who on 8 March 2016 was appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of CA Media Digital (India) Pvt. Ltd.?
a) Vivek Suri
b) Vivek Jain
c) Mukesh Bansal
d) Ridhima Jaiswal
11. Which state government on 8 March 2016 launched Mukhyamantri Santwana Harish Yojana to provide free treatment to road accident victims for the first 48 hours?
12. Bureau of Indian Standards Bill, 2015 which was passed by Rajya Sabha on 8 March 2016 seeks to replace the Bureau of Indian Standards Act of
13. Which Union Ministry on 7 March 2016 launched the online marketing portal Mahila E-haat?
a) Ministry of Finance
b) Ministry of Commerce & Industry
c) Ministry of Women and Child Development
d) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
14. A boat capsized near Chandipal ghat in Brahmani River of Dhenkanal district on 7 March 2016 in which at least one person was drowned. Dhenkanal is a district of which state?
b) Madhya Pradesh
15. The Indian women’s team on 6 March 2016 defeated which country to bag gold medal at the Second Division of the World Team Table Tennis Championship?
1-(b) 6-(c) 11-(d)
2-(c) 7-(a) 12-(a)
3-(a) 8-(a) 13-(c)
4-(d) 9-(c) 14-(a)
5-(a) 10-(b) 15-(a)