Current Affairs Quiz: 9 March 2017
9 March 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like mega cultural festival ‘India by the Nile’, ICC Player Rankings for Test Bowlers and folk singer Kalika Prasad Bhattacharya among others.
1. Who of the following was recently named as the Regional Director of Ford Foundation for India, Nepal and Sri Lanka?
a) Vijay Laxman
b) Sujata Giri
c) Vinod Singhal
d) Pradeep Nair
2. Indian women hockey team recently clinched a five-match Test series against which of the following countries?
3. Who of the following Indian pacers are currently sharing the Number One spot in the ICC Player Rankings for Test Bowlers?
a) Ajinkya Rahane and Ravichandran Ashwin
b) Ravindra Jadeja and Ravichandran Ashwin
c) Ravindra Jadeja and Suresh Raina
d) None of the above
4. Veteran journalist Arvind Padmanabhan passed away recently. He worked with which of the following organisations?
c) Times of India
d) Asian Age
5. Which country is hosting the fifth edition of the mega cultural festival ‘India by the Nile’?
6. Which state among the United States of America is seeking to challenge Trump’s new immigration order?
7. The citizens of which country have gained permission to travel to the European Union nations without a visa?
8. Kalika Prasad Bhattacharya, who recently passed away, was the noted folk singer of which language?
9. Online web platform Pratibimba was launched by which state government to report the performance and achievements of the government to the citizen?
b) Andhra Pradesh
10. India’s first biometric-based payment system Aadhaar Pay was launched by which bank?
a) ICICI Bank
b) IDFC Bank
c) HDFC Bank
d) IDBI Bank
11. The Advanced S-300 Missile Defence System of Iran which became operational was manufactured by which country?
12. EPFO has extended the last date of submission of digital life certificate through Jeevan Pramaan Patra (JPP) under Employees' Pension Scheme (EPS) till
a) 15 March 2017
b) 31 March 2017
c) 10 April 2017
d) 30 April 2017
13. Name the rating agency that predicted that Indian economy will grow 7.1% in fiscal 2016-17.
c) Standard & Poor's
d) China Lianhe Credit Rating Co. Ltd.
14. Who authored the book The Rise of Sivagami: Book 1 of Baahubali - Before the Beginning?
a) Ram Kamal Mukherjee
b) Anand Neelakanthan
c) Yasser Usman
d) K Vijay Kumar
15. BSE Institute will organise a two-day 'Dalal Street Lit Fest 2017' at its premises in from 10 March 2017 in
1. (d) Pradeep Nair
2. (c) Belarus
3. (b) Ravindra Jadeja and Ravichandran Ashwin
4. (a) IANS
5. (b) Egypt
6. (a) Hawaii
8. (c) Bengali
9. (a) Karnataka
10. (b) IDFC Bank
11. (a) Russia
12. (b) 31 March 2017
13. (a) FITCH
14. (b) Anand Neelakanthan
15. (d) Mumbai