Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like first Muslim Mayor of London, bug named Chan's megastick and book titled Shashi Kapoor – the Householder, the Star among others.
1. Name the first Muslim Mayor of London who assumed the office on 9 May 2016.
a) Sajid Khan
b) Aman Ali
c) Sadiq Khan
d) Amzad Ali
2. In which country the bug named Chan's megastick was discovered and declared as the world's longest insect in the first week of May 2016?
b) Sri Lanka
3. Who wrote the book titled Shashi Kapoor – the Householder, the Star that was released on 6 May 2016?
a) Sanjana Kapoor
b) Aseem Chhabra
c) Vivian Kabir
d) Both (a) and (b)
4. Who on 8 May 2016 won 2016 Mutua Madrid Open men’s singles title?
a) Novak Djokovic
b) Andy Murray
c) Rafael Nadal
d) Roger Federer
5. Who on 8 May 2016 won Busan Open Challenger doubles title?
a) Leander Paes and Sam Groth
b) Sanchai and Sonchat Ratiwatana
c) Alex O'Briena and Jamie Murray
d) Mahesh Bhupathi and Kelly Jones
6. Name the state/union territory that on 7 May 2016 accorded minority status on Jain community by issuing a government resolution (GR) to this effect.
7. Name the disease for which the United Nations on 6 May 2016 announced the establishment of the UN Response Multi-Partner Trust Fund (MPTF).
c) Yellow Fever
8. Biologists of which University on 5 May 2016 released a report titled why vultures matter – and what we lose if they’re gone?
a) University of Cambridge
b) Harvard University
c) University of Utah
d) Stanford University
9. Name the instrument that helped NASA in detecting presence of Atomic Oxygen in the upper layers of the Martian atmosphere known as Mesosphere.
a) Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy (SOFIA)
b) James Webb Space Telescope (JWST)
c) Hubble Space Telescope (HST)
d) Spitzer Space Telescope (SST)
10. 112, the single emergency number for any emergency throughout India will be operational from
a) 15 August 2016
b) 31 December 2016
c) 1 January 2017
d) 26 January 2017
11. The Karnataka Government in the first week of May 2016 decided to establish Asia’s first Rice Technology Park. The park will be established at which of the following towns?
12. Identify the Jammu and Kashmir Cricketer who was given the No Objection Certificate (NOC) needed to get a visa to play in county cricket in the UK.
a) Ahmed Bandy
b) Parvez Rasool
c) Hardeep Singh
d) Mehjoor Ali Sofi
13. Name the state whose Budget 2016-17 will be taken up in Lok Sabha in second week of May 2016?
c) Arunachal Pradesh
d) West Bengal
14. The meeting of South Asia Initiative to End Violence against Children (SAIEVAC) began in which Indian city on 9 May 2016?
d) New Delhi
15. What is India’s rank in crony-capitalism index that was released by the Economist in the first week of May 2016?
1. (c) Sadiq Khan
2. (d) China
3. (b) Aseem Chhabra
4. (a) Novak Djokovic
5. (a) Leander Paes and Sam Groth
6. (b) Gujarat
7. (b) Zika
8. (c) University of Utah
9. (a) Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy (SOFIA)
10. (c) 1 January 2017
11. (b) Gangavati
12. (d) Mehjoor Ali Sofi
13. (a) Uttarakhand
14. (d) New Delhi
15. (a) Ninth