Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like 2015 Nobel Peace Prize, V20 Group and 50 Richest Families of Asia list among others.
1. Name the winner of the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize that was announced on 9 October 2015.
a) Angela Merkel
b) Tunisian National Dialogue Quartet
c) Pope Francis
d) International Campaign to Ban Landmines
2. The first BRICS Ministerial meeting on Migration was held on 9 October 2015 in
3. Which leading Indian company on 8 October 2015 entered into an agreement with First Book, a non-profit social enterprise to distribute 35000 books in five cities across North America?
a) Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
4. The researchers of which country on 2 October 2015 developed a new mobile app named ASCmel.T to help people with Autism?
5. V20 Group was launched in Lima, Peru on 8 October 2015. Consider the following statements in this context:
I. V20 Group Finance Ministers inaugural meeting was chaired by the Philippines
II. India is one of the members of V20 Group
III. The Group aims to pool resources for their fight against the impact of global warming
Which is/are correct?
a) I and II
b) II and III
c) I and III
d) All of the above
6. Who was appointed as the interim FIFA president after the suspension of Sepp Blatter on 8 October 2015?
a) Michel Platini
b) Jerome Valcke
c) Chung Mong-joon
d) Issa Hayatou
7. Who among the following Indian musicians was named as the Cultural Ambassador of Seychelles on 8 October 2015?
b) Ravindra Jain
c) Yuvan Shankar Raja
d) AR Rehman
8. Name the famous painter of India whose untitled self-portrait was sold for around 17 crore rupees in London at an auction on 8 October 2015.
a) Gagendranath Tagore
b) Prodosh Das Gupta
c) Amrita Sher-Gil
d) Nasreen Mohamedi
9. Who topped the list of 50 Richest Families of Asia that was released by Forbes on 7 October 2015?
a) Ambani family of India
b) Lees of Samsung Group of South Korea
c) Chearavanont family of Thailand
d) Tsai family of Taiwan
10. Who among the following Indians families did not figure in the list of 50 Richest Families of Asia that was released by Forbes on 7 October 2015?
a) Burman family of Dabur India Ltd
b) Tata Group
c) Mistry family of Shapoorji Pallonji Group
d) Patel family of Cadila Healthcare
11. Expert Appraisal Committee (EAC) of the Union Ministry of Environment & Forest (MoEF) on 8 October 2015 gave a green signal to import coal with higher ash content of up to
a) 12 percent
b) 25 percent
c) 30 percent
d) 10 percent
12. Name the India’s largest integrated power company that on 8 October 2015 launched LED tube light scheme in Mumbai for its residential consumer.
a) Reliance Power
b) Adani Power
c) Tata Power
d) Power Grid Corp
13. Which State/Union Territory Government on 8 October 2015 made swine flu vaccination mandatory for high-risk groups?
c) West Bengal
14. Who among the following was on 8 October 2015 chosen for the 2015 Hridaynath Mangeskar Award?
a) Lata Mangeshkar
b) Amitabh Bachchan
c) Sulochana Tai
d) AR Rehman
15. The Contact Group on Piracy off the Coast of Somalia (CGPCS) on 2 October 2015 reconfigured the Indian Ocean piracy High Risk Area (HRA). As per the reconfiguration, the eastern limit of the HRA has been reverted back from the 78 degrees to
a) 65 degrees
b) 75 degrees
c) 55 degrees
d) 80 degrees
1-(b) 6-(d) 11-(b)
2-(b) 7-(d) 12-(c)
3-(d) 8-(c) 13-(a)
4-(c) 9-(b) 14-(d)
5-(c) 10-(b) 15-(a)