Jagranjosh.com brings for its readers and students the 20 most important multiple choice questions from the Union Budget 2016-17 presented by the Union Finance Minister on 29 February 2016.
1. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley announced the nine pillars for the Union Budget 2016-2017. Which of the following is not included in the nine pillars?
a) Agriculture and farmers' welfare
b) Fiscal discipline
c) Tax reforms to reduce compliance burden
d) Special focus on working women
2. As per the Union Budget 2016-2017, how many hectares of land will be brought under irrigation under the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sichai Yojana?
a) 28.5 lakh hectares
b) 32.5 lakh hectares
c) 22.6 lakh hectares
d) 11.2 lakh hectares
3. As per the Union Budget 2016-2017, what is the amount allocated for the Swachch Bharat Abhiyan?
a) 10,000 crore rupees
b) 9,000 crore rupees
c) 11,000 crore rupees
d) 6,000 crore rupees
4. The Union Budget 2016-2017 saw the highest ever amount allocated for the rural employment scheme MNREGA. What is that amount?
a) 40,000 crore rupees
b) 50,500 crore rupees
c) 38,500 crore rupees
d) 39,500 crore rupees
5. In the Union Budget 2016-2017, Arun Jaitley set a target of electrifying 100 per cent villages by
a) 1 May 2018
b) 1 June 2018
c) 1 May 2017
d) 1 May 2019
6. In the Union Budget 2016-17, excise duty on tobacco products except bidis has been raised by
7. As per the Union Budget 2016-17, how much amount was allocated towards Agriculture and Farmers’ welfare?
a) 34,980 crore rupees
b) 40,500 crore rupees
c) 35,984 crore rupees
d) 36,000 crore rupees
8. In the Union Budget 2016-17, Arun Jaitley announced creation of a dedicated Long Term Irrigation Fund in NABARD. What will be the initial corpus of the fund?
a) About 15,000 crore rupees
b) About 10,000 crore rupees
c) About 16,000 crore rupees
d) About 20,000 crore rupees
9. How many Rurban Clusters will be developed under the Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Rurban Mission?
10. Name the proposed structure scheme announced in the Union Budget 2016-17 to help Panchayat Raj Institutions deliver Sustainable Development Goals.
a) Rashtriya Gram Abhiyan
b) Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan
c) National Village Self-governance Scheme
d) Rashtriya Gram Swasashan Abhiyan
11. How many stores will be opened under Prime Minister’s Jan Aushadhi Yojana during 2016-17?
12. Name the proposed programme that will be started under National Health Mission through public-private partnership mode to provide dialysis services to renal patients in all district hospitals across the country.
a) National Services Programme for Renal Patients
b) National Dialysis Programme
c) National Dialysis Services Project
d) National Dialysis Services Programme
13. As per the Union Budget 2016-17, how much amount has been allocated to celebrate the Birth Centenary of Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay and the 350th Birth Anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh?
a) 100 crore rupees
b) 50 crore rupees
c) 25 crore rupees
d) 20 crore rupees
14. What will be the EPF contribution of the Government of India for all new employees for the first three years of their employment?
15. As per the Union Budget 2016-17, how much per cent of FDI will be allowed through FIPB route in marketing of food products produced and manufactured in India?
16. How much amount has been allocated towards recapitalisation of Public Sector Banks?
a) 50,000 crore rupees
b) 20,000 crore rupees
c) 35,000 crore rupees
d) 25,000 crore rupees
17. As per the Union Budget 2016-17, target of amount sanctioned under Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana has been increased to
a) 1,80,000 crore rupees
b) 1,90,000 crore rupees
c) 1,70,000 crore rupees
d) 2,00,000 crore rupees
18. Name the proposed programme that aims at connecting people through exchanges in areas of language, trade, culture, travel and tourism.
a) Unity in Diversity
b) Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
c) Unity in Diversity: One India
d) Shreshtha Bharat Ek Bharat
19. To lessen tax burden on individuals with income up to 5 lakh rupees, the ceiling of tax rebate under section 87A has been raised from 2000 rupees to
a) 3000 rupees
b) 7000 rupees
c) 5000 rupees
d) 6000 rupees
20. Union Government announced Krishi Kalyan Cess of 0.5% on all taxable services to fund farm initiatives. The cess will be effective from
a) 1 April 2016
b) 1 May 2016
c) 1 June 2016
d) 1 July 2016
1-(d) 6-(b) 11-(c) 16-(d)
2-(a) 7-(c) 12-(d) 17-(a)
3-(b) 8-(d) 13-(a) 18-(b)
4-(c) 9-(a) 14-(b) 19-(c)
5-(a) 10-(b) 15-(c) 20-(c)