The last week of April 2013 saw different events like inking of three pacts between India and Bangladesh on making up of the Coal based Power Plant, Cyber Information Sharing and Protection Act passed by US House of Representatives. Solve the quizzes based on these events and test your preparation for the exams scheduled ahead in coming months.
1. National Thermal Power Corporation and Power Development Bangladesh signed Three Pacts on 20 April 2013. The agreements were a part of setting up of the biggest ever joint venture project of ______________ Megawatt Coal based power plant. This project is to be developed at an expense of_______________?
a) 1320 Megawatt at the expense of 1.6 billion US dollars
b) 1340 Megawatt at the expense of 16 billion US dollars
c) 1200 Megawatt at the expense of 10 billion US dollar
d) 1230 Megawatt at the expense of 14 billion US dollar
Answer: (a) 1320 Megawatt at the expense of 1.6 billion US dollars
2. NTPC of India and Power Development Bangladesh signed three agreements on 20 April 2013 in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The agreements were a part of setting up of the biggest ever joint venture project of 1320 Megawatt Coal based power plant. The plant is planned to be developed in which area?
a) Chittagong Sea Port in Nazir Hat
b) Kamalapur ICD in Kamalapur
c) Mongla Seaport in Rampal Upazila
Answer: (c) Mongla Seaport in Rampal Upazila
3. US House of Representatives passed the Cyber Information Sharing and Protection Act, also called CISPA on 18 April 2013. How many times the US House of Representatives passed the CISPA till date.
a) Three times
b) One time
c) Two times
d) Four times
Answer: (c) Two times
4. Name the Island, whose residents voted almost unanimously to stay under British rule in a referendum held on 10-11 March 2013.
a) Akrotiri and Dhekelia Islands
b) Falkland Islands
c) Turks and Caicos Islands
d) Islands in British Antarctic Territory
Answer: (b) Falkland Islands
5. Name the country where the largest biogas plant of the world was inaugurated on 12 March 2013 ___________?
c) New Zealand
Answer: (d) Finland
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.